Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Don't quite understand this guy...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello, im new here.
I'm a bit confused and would appreciate some advice :)
So there's a guy in my class at college that i like. At the start of the course we got on really well, always chatting and stuff. I used to give him lifts back to his house and a couple of times he invited me in for a cup of tea. Then back in october he kissed me, said he'd ask me to stay but his parents were coming back the next morning. We talked about our situations and i let him know me and my then boyfriend were on a break to see other people and i wasn't looking for anything serious, and he was ...just single really.

Next week at college we kind of just acted like it hadn't happened, things carried on as they were, we still had a laugh but i couldn't stand not knowing what was going on, so i asked him how he felt and he said stuff like, we should get to know each other first and not jump into anything cos we're in the same class etc. No-one else in our very small class knows.

Everythings still been ok since but last week i was out one night (in the city in which he lives and we both go to college). He knew i was gonna be out and he was there too. We were both drunk and we ended up kissing and chatting(well, shouting in each other's ears :P). It was great :)

Its been another week now and we are again acting like nothing has happened. I play it cool with him but the thing is, im really attracted to him and would be happy for us to have something casual, but how do i know if he's up for that? I'm too scared to bring up this "secret" again in case he rejects me and it ruins our friendship and he thinks im clingy or something. Im not sure if he can tell that i like him or not. What i don't get is why he'd kiss me if he didn't like me? (He had been drinking the second time we kissed but not the first).

Sometimes i think i should just come out and tell him how i feel, even if he rejected me at least i'd know and it wouldn't drive me crazy anymore. The course is coming to an end in a couple months and I don't know if i'd be seeing him again after that.

So any advice or analysis would be much appreciated. Maybe I need a guy's perspective on this or someone whos been in a similar situation. Thanks in advance :D
xxx

Comments

• Options
    What have you got to lose your course ends soon, you might aswell just tell him how you feel.
  • Options
    you've told him you're on a break, and not looking for anything serious. It looks to me like he's taken you at your word and he's not going to push for anything you don't want.

Or he might not be interested in just a casual.

But, I think you're pretty much going to have to take the lead, and talk to him about it.
  • Options
    Just found out theres a party at the end of the week we're both gonna get invited to...should i wait til then, when we're both drunk?
  • Options
    Why don't you try bringing it up when you're not both drunk...?
  • Options
    haha! No chance of that! When we're at college, we're always surrounded by our classmates. It's wierd, its like something we just don't talk about inside the college walls...
  • Options
    How about OUTSIDE college, when you're not drunk?
  • Options
    I suppose im just scared to be honest. I think to myself, "right the next time i see him, ill tell him" and then when it comes to it, i completely chicken out. I don't want to make things awkward between us, cos we see each other most days out the week :S ...