Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

27 years behind bars.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7938033.stm

just goes to show how shit our courts are...

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If he really confessed multiple times, I can't really blame them...
  • Options
    If he really confessed multiple times, I can't really blame them...
    I agree but the reason here might be that he's been so used to being behind bars, he doesn't want to face a social life. Lets face it, he's been in jail for 27 years, he wont get a job, even with this whole economy he wont get one. The statement about him being a pathological liar, I wonder if they ever actually took that into consideration?
  • Options
    Not that he'll ever have to work again with the amount of compensation he can expect.

Does anyone else find it Ironic that Territt started this thread? If we followed his views on crime and punishment, this bloke would already be dead by now.
  • Options
    Indeed. Yet another reason (thought not the only one) why the death penalty is a barbaric, unacceptable abomination.
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    I agree but the reason here might be that he's been so used to being behind bars, he doesn't want to face a social life. Lets face it, he's been in jail for 27 years, he wont get a job, even with this whole economy he wont get one. The statement about him being a pathological liar, I wonder if they ever actually took that into consideration?

If you were a judge, faced with a brutal rape and murder and you had a man sat there confessing to it and a fair bit of evidence pointing to him, what would you do? Regardless of what his defence were saying to get him off, he kept confessing, it's not really surprising he got sent down.