Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how often do your parents get in touch? for those that live away from home...

im 23 and live away from home.

my dad rings me about twice a week but my mum? well, its been over 3 weeks now :( i always end up ringing so this time, im gonna wait for her to ring. she gets free minutes to my phone so theres no excuse.

just thought she would have got in touch by now. i started a new job last monday and you would have thought she would have wanted to know how it was going yeah? im also moving but last time i spoke to her i didn't know where but now do. im moving in 2 weeks yet she hasn't rang to even see whats happening even though she knows thats when i need to move out? so yeah, got alot going on.

for those that live away from home... how often do your mothers ring you?

just feel like i dont exist to her sometimes :crying:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My mum+dad aernt well at mo .My dad had big op 32staples .My mum has alot heatlh probelms too curve spine etc tend not to ring text everyday she just gone on permant sick wont be seeing her everyday at shop now.But i wil be going to house couple times a week.
    You should give your mum a ring and ask her why does she not ring every now and then you wont know unles you ask.:yes:
    Even though it feel like you will be :banghead:
  • Options
    My mum never rings me, but we talk on google messenger/email/her forum a bit. Mostly when she wants to bug me about something...getting a job usually, or spending "too much time" at Rich's...guess she has her wish this week since our weekend plans are cancelled.

I speak to my dad occasionally. He never checks his email ever so it's usually over the phone. Then again I'm used to not hearing from him very often from when he was in Africa, so it doesn't bother me.

Why don't you call her?
  • Options
    because i ALWAYS end up ringing her.

she only rings me if she's got a drama going on and she wants to tell me all about it.

she never actually rings to see how i am. its always me ringing. just upsets me a bit i guess. you think she'd want to know how her daughter is.
  • Options
    I've been living away from home for 7 years. Think my parents have called me 3 times. I know how you feel, it gets annoying being the one to make the effort all the time. I'm feeling a bit fed up at the moment and can't really be bothered to call them, it's been January since we last spoke (apart from a couple of messages on msn) Does she normally call quite regularly?
  • Options
    not me, no.

she rings my brother's who live a few miles up the road from her every night though (she also sees them ALOT more). thats what bugs me.

she rings them every night. she rings me what? never! its always having to be me that makes the effort. ive had enough now. im actually interested to see how long she'll leave it.
  • Options
    When she was still working it could be weeks at a time, and usually then when she wanted something!

Now she's retired, she phones about twice a week, and emails me at work most days (sometimes just to tell me she's got nowt to tell me). I think it's just that she was so busy before, and she kinda forgot how long it'd been between contact! Now she's got nothing better to do I can't get rid of her!
  • Options
    My mum talks to my brother once a week on the phone at least. She also talks to him MSN a couple more times at least.
  • Options
    I talk to my mum every few days or so... we don't need to talk to each other every day but I wouldn't let a few weeks go by. However, I know if I've not spoken to her for a while, it's not that she's forgotten about me, she's just tired/busy.
  • Options
    i speak to my mum most days.

my dad and i email occasionally
  • Options
    I speak to my mum whenever I need her or if anything exciting happens.
    But other than that I will only speak to her every week or two. But we chat for hoooours. God, we're so bad on the phone! It goes on and on and on! But I love it =] Will talk to my stepdad when I'm on the phone to mum but he's not so good at phone chat.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Maybe once a week or so. Normally get a text from my Gran every week as well!
  • Options
    Erm my dad rings me once/twice a week maybe. Depending on whats going on really. We keep in touch with emails at work so there isnt much need to stay in touch, they know im happy enough :)
  • Options
    I tend to ring my mum whenever I get bored of emails and msn to her. Could be just a 5 min chat in work or might be an hour in the evenings. She doesn't call me very often as she doesn't like to interupt me if I'm busy doing things. Rarely go a day without an email about something or other from her though.
  • Options
    Got a txt from my mum last night reminding me she was in Malta. Thanks Mum.
  • Options
    Daily, if she's on MSN :)
  • Options
    i speak to my mum maybe once a week, usually on text though.

my dad however ive maybe spoke to him once in the last 18 months despite him living 10 mins away:thumb:
  • Options
    Text every day
  • Options
    my dad 2-3 times a week, my mum everyday. But there is no set pattern how will call, sometime i am busy here so my mum rings me and voice versa.
  • Options
    well, going by everyone's responses, im assuming my mum just hates me then, lol. still no call. my mum doesn't email or text either.

sigh.
  • Options
    Well i dont talk to my parents everyday. We can go 2-3 weeks without talking and i usually only ring to say im coming home or my mum will ring occasionally. Sometimes get a 'night night' email from my dad but they've been lacking lately
  • Options
    well, going by everyone's responses, im assuming my mum just hates me then, lol. still no call. my mum doesn't email or text either.

sigh.

Soz, but my dad moved house and didn't talk to me for 7 years. I totally win this game.