Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sex During Pregnancy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi folks.
This is my first post on here. Hope i find you all well.

The title speaks for itself really.

I've just started seeing a girl, and she's 8 months pregnant (she was dumped by the father when he found out about the pregnancy)

We're getting along great, but we're not sure about taking it to the next level, ie full intercourse.

Is it adviseable at this late stage ?
I'm more than willing not to have sex, and she accepts that, but at the same time, we're both finding it hard to resist, and it takes a lot of will power for us to stop.

We're still very sexually active in all other aspects.
We just dont know if it's a good idea.

Can anyone offer any advice on the matter please ?

Thanks guys.

E.

Comments

• Options
    Id say no.. 8 months is along way, i suggest wait the month n whatever until it pops out and the mother recovers.
  • Options
    Id say no.. 8 months is along way, i suggest wait the month n whatever until it pops out and the mother recovers.

I'd go along with that.
  • Options
    Its perfectly alright and safe as long as you take it easy - one of the main reasons that people don't have sex late in pregnancy is that they just feel really unattractive and aren't up for it but that doesnt' seem to be a problem in your case.

You just need to be sure that you take it easy and stop if it becomes uncomfortable or change positions. Also thought its probably an old wives tale but sex in the last few weeks of pregnancy can help to soften up the cervix and speed birth along a bit - something to do with hormones in the sperm.
  • Options
    Although I would still suggest using protection unless you've both had a sexual health check up very recently...!
  • Options
    Guys,

Many thanks for the replys so far.
    Her feeling unnatractive certainly isn't a problem, infact, she's stunning at the stage she is right now.

Given that we've only been together a very very short time, the no sex thing wouldn't/doesn't bother me one little bit.

Having fun doesn't mean we have to mean penetration.

Infact, to be really honest, i'm quite enjoying what would normally be foreplay, it's been great.

It's only 4-5 weeks until the baby is due, so given that, and recovery time, i'm fully expecting us not to even consider sleeping with each other for at least 3-4 weeks after the birth.

Thanks for the help.
    I think we'll play it safe...and stick to what we're already doing. :)
  • Options
    Guys,

Many thanks for the replys so far.
    Her feeling unnatractive certainly isn't a problem, infact, she's stunning at the stage she is right now.

Given that we've only been together a very very short time, the no sex thing wouldn't/doesn't bother me one little bit.

Having fun doesn't mean we have to mean penetration.

Infact, to be really honest, i'm quite enjoying what would normally be foreplay, it's been great.

It's only 4-5 weeks until the baby is due, so given that, and recovery time, i'm fully expecting us not to even consider sleeping with each other for at least 3-4 weeks after the birth.

Thanks for the help.
    I think we'll play it safe...and stick to what we're already doing. :)

=] I'm very pleased to hear you be so sweet and caring for her right now! I bet she's more than grateful to have you right now.
  • Options
    Sounds like doing 'everything but' is working pretty well for you at the moment and as DancingHorse says it's great you're being so supportive and thoughtful with your new partner.
    In case you need a few more facts check out TheSite.org article on sex during pregnancy
    Good luck with everything :)
  • Options
    There is no particular reason to abstain from sex. If you both want to, then go for it.
  • Options
    if shes comfortable, then theres no reason not to.
  • Options

Why? Unless she has had probelms and dr or midwife has told her not do.As a mother of two i had sex from begining to end god i was even more randy preg at least 5x a week and i had alot probelms 2nd pregancy my 1st daughter 5week prem 6pounds and 2nd daughter 2wk prem 7pounds but i was 12wk prem myself .And when baby was born 3 week after ready to resume 'normal schedule'i coudnt wait any longer!
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Also thought its probably an old wives tale but sex in the last few weeks of pregnancy can help to soften up the cervix and speed birth along a bit - something to do with hormones in the sperm.

It's not an old wives tale :) Sperm has the same chemicals in it that the stuff they use to induce people does...
  • Options
    Hey Folks.

Just a little update for you all, been a while since i posted.

Well we continued to have sex up until 2 days before the baby was born.

(both mother and son doing well btw) :D

And then after 3 weeks we resumed..and it just gets better and better. :D

Again, many thanks for the advice given.

E.
  • Options
    That's great news Eric.
  • Options
    yay!
  • Options
    Top bloke. I tip my hat to you, and wish you all the best of luck. :)

BEst wishes to the other half :) .
  • Options
    Thats great news :)
  • Options
    You might as well bone her now, because if shes too close to the due date it might make the baby come sooner and also she wont be able to do it after for a while and she'll be sore and most likely self-concious about what her bits look like now shes had a babe. :wave:
  • Options
    Go for it

I say go for it mate. If you are both wanting to take things further then go with your feelings. When my Mrs was preggy i couldn't keep my hands of her all the way through her pregnancy right up to the day she gave birth.
    Good luck to you both in the future.
    Good on you mate for taken them both on.
    Just remember mate, any dull dickhead can be a father, but it takes someone special to become a dad.
    Good luck both and let us know if its a boy or girl. Take care now
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    People should read the whole thread before commenting :grump:
  • Options
    Afternoon all !

Would you beleive it, i got dumped. :(

My job involves a lot of travel, and she said i wasn't commited enough, because i wouldn't change jobs to be around her and her son.

I fought my corner, me being the bread winner, i mean, some people are lucky to have a job in these climates.
    Fair enough, i'm away a lot, but it's bloody good money, and enough to ensure she doesn't have to work again.

But, money isn't everything, but at the end of the day, i'm not throwing away a career.

I'd tried to get her to at least seek some councillng, as, who knows, she may be suffering a little post natal depression, cant say for sure, but then i can see how she'd be unhappy, being on her own a lot of the time.

So hey ho. Life goes on.
    I gave it a damn good try.

E.
  • Options
    Me and my girlfriend had sex until about a week before the baby came and there were no rpoblems
  • Options
    Me and my girlfriend had sex until about a week before the baby came and there were no rpoblems

Have you even read my post above fuckwit ?
  • Options
    I would suggest ignoring the post to be honest Eric, hardly a very pleasant thing for someone to say to you at this point.

If you'd like to know some numbers you could suggest to her then let us know and we can see what we can find for you, but regardless, sorry to hear how things work out - in the end it's hopefully for the best.
  • Options
    Have you even read my post above fuckwit ?

Shit happens son
  • Options
    Shit happens son

Why are you on this site?
  • Options
    Why are you on this site?

Well, he isn't anymore...
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »

Hehehe :thumb:
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »

About time tbh he was a total twat.
  • Options
    Well we always hope people will become less of a twat with some encouragement, but yeah, that wasn't happening here.

Anyway - Eric, do shout if we can help in anyway :)
  • Options
    Glad he has left, he couldnt give one nice comment to anybody :(

Sorry to hear that Eric :(