Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Not sure what to do...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am a very good girlfriend. I know I am, I'm not a walk over or anything like that... I don't do whatever my bf tells me to do at the click of his fingers or anything pathetic like that but I am understanding, I take into account his feelings and try my best to be a good girlfriend whilst still putting myself first.

But my boyfriend is going through a bad time at the moment, he's not very well at all... he's got an infection in his jaw where he has had plates inserted after his jaw got broken, it's led to several dental problems, his immune system is down and led to him having a few head colds etc etc. He's got issues with his stomach and his legs are giving him hell. He's just about to get a massive promotion at work and he's generally being in a really shitty mood at the moment.

At first when we got together it took a bit of time to acclimatise to his moods. I've now got how to deal with them down to a tee. I simply walk away let him rant and rave and then when he's calmed down, apologised I read him the riot act. Since I worked this out our arguments have halved and we barely bicker about anything silly anymore.

My huge problem at the moment is him being really insecure. He hasn't been in a good place and yes, it has been a bit of a strain but nothing I'm not willing to put the work in and handle but he's feeling really bad about the way he's been treating me. He wants to be more positive and supportive but he feels like he's not doing enough. He has been amazingly supportive in the past and I don't understand why he can't just cut himself a break and stop beating himself up over it.

Sometimes the way he talks he says that I'm too good for him and asks me why do I like him. I know exactly why I like him and I tell him but it just seems to go in one ear and out the other. I've usually been the insecure one in the past. How can I be supportive to him and help him with these insecurities.

Sorry it was so long, I'm worried about him :(

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not sure there is anything more you can do other than what you've already been doing. Reassure him, be supportive. He's going through a lot so it's probably just a phase.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    he's got an infection in his jaw where he has had plates inserted after his jaw got broken, it's led to several dental problems,

He has my sympathy there. I had exactly the same thing.
    Weekender Offender