Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Utterly overwhelmed...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have 2 uni projects to finish, a rock society show to run in 2 weeks, lectures to go to, physio and hydrotherapy for a few more weeks, my personal life is chaotic to say the least, (no relationship = no problems there at least!) and i have no support from uni and the GP isn't being helpful (she said she'd pray for me the last time i went in)

I've only really got one friend who i trust enough and who understands what i'm going through, but his girlfriend, who is also a good friend, was only released from the local mental health unit just after new year...

I'm really unsure what to do, i don't really feel like i've got many people i can talk to atm, and i really need support...

i'm not sure if this is a rant or asking for advice, but either way, if you have some info that might help it would be apreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I would say, put all the things you have to do in order from the most important to the least important one and focus most on the ones on the top of the list. Maybe even let go of the ones near the bottom for the time being.
  • Options
    I would say, put all the things you have to do in order from the most important to the least important one and focus most on the ones on the top of the list. Maybe even let go of the ones near the bottom for the time being.

:yes: Good advice.

Try to tackle one thing at a time. Even if your friend does have his own things going on at the moment, if you need his support and he undertsands, surely he would want you to confide in him?

Keep posting :)
  • Options
    It doesn't sound like you have that much more to do than most. You probably just need to organise you time better. Sit down each night and plan out what you are going to do the next day, then you won't squander breaks and such doing nothing or flitting between tasks.
  • Options
    had a huge fit today, and ended up back in hospital...they've told me they can't help me and not to come back...helpful!

I'm completely and utterly drained, i'm working my socks off and still getting no where...

what do i do now? the GP is being unhelpful to say the least...