Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Find me a new wallet :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys. My current wallet has actually fallen apart. I think it cost £5 from a market, and I'd like to get something a bit lovely for myself. So, I was wondering as many on here seem to be fashionistas, are there any pretty brands out there? Budget of £20 :cool: I was going to get a uni one from the shop, but they're just crappy usual nylon ones with the universities logo printed on it. Want something that will last until I'm 30 ;)

Comments

• Options
    Try surf shops, like Animal/Quiksilver/Free Spirit etc. I find the surfy brand wallets are roomy and convenient and look cool too. They're usually pretty well made and sturdy so should last :thumb:

Disclaimer: StupidGirl is under no circumstances to be held liable if your new wallet purchased from one of the aforementioned shops does not last you until you're 30
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Disclaimer: StupidGirl is under no circumstances to be held liable if your new wallet purchased from one of the aforementioned shops does not last you until you're 30

:razz: I will give them a look. A lot of the time I like them to look quite conservative though, so leather is good. But if they look tasteful... :)
  • Options
    £20 and leather could potentially be quite a tight constraint.

You got a TKMaxx anywhere near? Obviously it can be hit and miss but they often have some very nice wallets.
  • Options
    Yeah, I know what you mean - I'm like that too. But I have an Animal wallet that's black leather. It's a girl's one, so does have pink edging and a pink "A" on the front, but it's fairly discreet.

How about something like this:

http://www.surfdome.com/animal_tab_clear_wallet-black-10545
  • Options
    Simon Carter wallets are leather and so look quite staid from the outside, but come with funky linings inside (my boyfriend had one with a comic-strip lining). From Simon Carter directly they cost about £40 but you can sometimes pick them up on ebay for considerably less.
  • Options
    £20 and leather could potentially be quite a tight constraint.

You got a TKMaxx anywhere near? Obviously it can be hit and miss but they often have some very nice wallets.

Yea, well I'd be ok with Nylon as long as it was kind of conservative. I don't mean it has to be completely boring, but a lot of wallets are over-styled I feel with lots of different dangly bits and designs and it's too much for me lol.

I'm going to mosey into town next week but thought if I could find one on the internet whilst I am at work I can save myself some bother :) (it's not like I have anything else to do whilst manning reception).
  • Options
  • Options

That one is nice :)

How do people make decisions on things like this? I just go "errm, that ones nice.. and that one is too... hmmm :chin:"
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    How do people make decisions on things like this? I just go "errm, that ones nice.. and that one is too... hmmm :chin:"

Write down the ones you like, put them in a hat and pick one at random :razz:
  • Options
    if falling apart is an issue how about one with a lifetime gurantee?

www.ducti.co.uk

made from duct tape :D
  • Options
    River Island do decent wallets. They have small, leather ones and also fabric ones. Look sturdy enough, too.