Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Twitter

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just signed up today, and I can't really see what all the fuss is about. Is there anything else to it other than it being pretty much the same as Facebook status'? Other than everyone following Stephen Fry and Barrack Obama...

Do any of you use this?

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    No, I already have Facebook to help me fail my degree, I dont need anything else too! :(
  • Options
    Twitter is just another reason why people don't freakin' talk to each other. Why not? Because sad cunts post up their whole lives anyway so why do face-to-face communication? I actually like Stephen Fry but Twitter isn't an opportunity to prove ones 'geekiness' - it's self-indulgent tediousness. :p
  • Options
    It's quiet nifty. :)

If people want to see what your up to, they can just logon and see :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    The reverse of your username is what people see if they don't have a profile pic. :)
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    It's quiet nifty. :)

If people want to see what your up to, they can just logon and see :)

I prefer a phone call. :)
  • Options
    O_o wrote: »
    Just signed up today, and I can't really see what all the fuss is about. Is there anything else to it other than it being pretty much the same as Facebook status'? Other than everyone following Stephen Fry and Barrack Obama...

Do any of you use this?
    Yeah pretty much same here...
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    The reverse of your username is what people see if they don't have a profile pic. :)

I know!! I was so freaked out at first! :lol:
  • Options
    i hate twitter :mad: what i mostly hate is how people can have it feed to livejournal so my livejournal friends page is just full of pointless updates, most of the time they dont make any sense. faceyb is enough for me :D
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    O_o wrote: »
    I know!! I was so freaked out at first! :lol:

I don't get it :(

I didn't take to twitter a few years ago where as a friend did, and only got back into it a month ago. It's been good as I've been really ill lately (This is the seventh day, and doctor predicts 5 more =[) So I can drop them a little line when if I'm feeling up to it.

Besides, you can drop pictures, videos and links too!
  • Options
    If you don't upload a photo, the default is "o_O"..

I'm starting to come round to Twitter more, it's not bad for what it does.
  • Options
    I seem to be the only person following TheSite on Twitter...

See?
  • Options
    Not superised, the last updat was 2 months ago!
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    Not superised, the last updat was 2 months ago!

Cheers for pointing it out. I checked around and the twitter account was set up a couple of months ago by Rosie, who was working with the marketing team on a temporary contract, as a trial to see what we could do with it.

Obviously that dwindled away so in the short term we'll be adding some content and video rss feeds through the account to keep things moving.

For a wider picture of YouthNet's work through twitter check out the YouthNet feed (the charity that runs both do-it and TheSite). That's updating considerably more often.
    http://twitter.com/YouthNetUK