Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Oh no its all coming back to me!

As some of you already know my girlfriend split up with me about a month ago and i thought i was over her but i clicked on a picture on facebook i didnt know who it was i couldnt make it out n she was in it with a few friends (female so i wasnt jelous)

and i almost burst into tears..does that prove im not over her?

im so confused

(if your wondering why im up so early is that ive been up all night watching Being Human).

Thoughts please,
Cheers.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The emotions that some people experience after splitting up with someone that they love can almost be compared to the emotional experience of a death. What you are feeling is completely natural and this is enhanced by your own sense of helplessness, especially seeing that your loved one is getting on with her life and appears happy without you.

You need to get yourself involved in more things to distract you. Take your recent post on your perceived weight issue, for example. Throw yourself into exercise, admire the improvement that it will give your physique, enjoy the added health benefits it will give you.

Even though you may still love this girl from afar, you will find you have new self-confidence and a new belief in yourself which will lessen this emotional dependency that you have on her. But sitting at home, brooding and mulling over what might have been will just make you feel more lonely and full of despair. Distraction is definitely part of the answer.
  • Options
    Agreed, all weekend ive been at a party then went bowling so that distrated me even tho i didnt think about her, i havent for a while its just the picture brought it all back

Ive asked my mam to order me one of them bikes but i dont know if she has yet.
  • Options
    Agreed, all weekend ive been at a party then went bowling so that distrated me even tho i didnt think about her, i havent for a while its just the picture brought it all back

Good lad. Just keep busy. :thumb:
    Ive asked my mam to order me one of them bikes but i dont know if she has yet.

Do you have a Wii? Maybe it will be more fun using a Wii Fit? I think the bike will be very boring .... and you will need lots of will power to keep it up. With Wii Fit, you can actually see your improvement on the TV screen over the weeks. Very cool. :)
  • Options
    tut tut tut, no facebook for you!
  • Options
    this is why facebook can really suck. it seems a natural response. i've still blocked myself from my ex's profile and this is nearly 2 years after the relationship. dont worry :)
  • Options
    nah it wasnt on her profile it was on one of my mates whos friends with her..=/

Nah i dont have a wii fit, i was thinkin of gettin 1 but loooow on money.