Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

GoDaddy Sale $1 domains.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

For most people who blog you might want your own domain, well, GoDaddy is having another sale. $1 for domains. I know it works perfectly for .com's and for transfers, I haven't tried for the others - but it might work for most. I heard it works for .info aswell.

The coupon code is love99

Comments

• Options
    I couldn't see where you enter this code, is it after you have typed in all your contact details?

I assume the price shoots up to normal the next year - godaddy can be cheap but totally hate their website and the way it's always trying to get you to buy more services.

I also have read their anonymous domain registration service easily gives you up on request
  • Options
    Where's the cheapest place to secure a .co.uk domain name? I'm not so worried about having to be hosted etc for now.
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    I couldn't see where you enter this code, is it after you have typed in all your contact details?

I assume the price shoots up to normal the next year - godaddy can be cheap but totally hate their website and the way it's always trying to get you to buy more services.

I also have read their anonymous domain registration service easily gives you up on request
    You search the domain, go through all the processes, scroll down to the "no thanks" until you get to "Your cart", then it has a promo code box, enter it and it'll lower the price to something like 86p with no VAT. I don't know when the offer expires yet.
    Teagan wrote:
    Where's the cheapest place to secure a .co.uk domain name? I'm not so worried about having to be hosted etc for now.

Well you have to register for 2 years min, 123-Reg is a good company and they're the cheapest I can see, £5.98 for the 2 years. goDaddy is nearly triple that, and Namecheap is nearly double. http://www.retailmenot.com/view/123-reg.co.uk - that has some coupons on there. There is one for a .uk with webhosting. But I would say host elsewhere.
  • Options
    I actually need to register a .COM and .co.uk

I have hosting already but my hosting company charges something silly like $15 per year for a domain name