Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

really spotty back

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all,
i have a really spotty back, i've got a few spots on my face but nothing really bad or anything, expect on my back, i have a load on there and sometimes there really painful, i've had them awhile and they've not been to bad but recently they've mulitiplied alot.
Does anyone know what i can do as i've become quite self concious and i've just sort of got into a serious relastionship again

Thanks all

Comments

• Options
    I also have spots on my back and yes I agree it does make you/me feel very self concious. You could try visiting your GP I have been and they gave me a choice of a cream or tablets. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Well, I still have spots on my back and am now well out of my teenage years. I'm not saying it will be the same for you curlyboy, but I was on cream and tablets after going to see my GP (like cool2play said) and although they did do a little good, it certainly wasn't a huge improvement. It might seem like obvious advice, but I recommend making sure you wash your back when you're having a bath or shower. Definitely do it with some soap that moisturises your skin. Maybe not the best advice when they're painful sometimes, but I know if I take the time to wash my back, the spot situation improves and even disappears slightly. I still have patches of them on the top half of my back, I keep washing them, and they're certainly better than they were. Mine can appear quite red too, and sometimes be sore, especially at night. I wouldn't mind some advice too, if anybody out there wants to offer some!
  • Options
    Hey guys, :wave:

Just wanted to direct you to our pages on spots and
    acne treatments. Some of this may help? I'm not saying you have acne - but when you get lots of sore red spots together, doctors will often treat it the same as acne.

Tea tree oil is used by lots of people and has some good healing and antiseptic properties. However, always best to get some medical advice first and always test your skin to see if it irritates you.

:)
  • Options
    The other thing is to make sure the very last thing you do before you get out of the shower is to rinse your back down really well with water.

Left over soap or more often shampoo is a really good way to aggrevate skin.
  • Options
    I would suggest going to the dermatologist. It is possible that you have a skin condition that can easily be controlled by topical ointments and creams (eczema and/or acne can both be causes of the spots.)