Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

?Tongue piercing?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am thinking of having my tongue pierced! and i would like to know if it hurts.... and be honest!

also if it does swell as much as i have heard in the rumors that go around?

co z i would love to have it pierced and i just wanted to know a little more about the after effects!

Thanks xxxxPxxxxxx :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I also really want mine done but im way too scared plus the fact that im thrown out my house if i ever get it done! a girl i know had it done and couldnt eat or talk properly for over a week! i can imagine it hurts like hell, thuogh they do numb it, i think, they must! go ahead if you want it done that badly, yeah it has risks but so does walking down the street! think seriuosly about it first though cos you dont want to end up regretting it.
    Barely felt it. It's pierced with a longer barbell to allow for swelling. Mine was swollen for 3-4 days, had the barbell changed a week later. Very occasionaly whack it on my teeth.
    It's nothing major, there are loads of myths about tongue piercings and generally they're a load of bollocks. Don't run it along your teeth or your dentist will despise you.
    Yeah, completely agree with Miss Quoted... it doesn't hurt much when they stick the needle through, but not much, feels like you have an ulcer on your tongue for about a week afterwards, swells a little but not much (although that can vary from person to person), and your dentist will hate you anyway - having metal in your mouth upsets the pH balance and almost always lead to tooth damage, after a while. Also, when you fist get it, be careful not to bite it while you're eating - you can chip your teeth like that!
    Originally posted by kathryn
    I was just wondering if anyone had a "Madonna" piercing?

Not sure if that's what it is known as around the country, but I mean a lip piercing that is above the top lip and slightly to one side, about half way between the middle and corner of your top lip.
    I really wanted it done a little while ago but my orthodontsit(sp?) said it was a really bad idea, and so put the idea to one side, but I'm starting to warm to it again.

i also really want this done but i cant have it cos im training to be an air hostess and your not allowed any visible piercings except for one pair of studs in the ears. i know someone whos got it done and it looks really nice. get it done if thats what you want, i think that it looks really pretty.
    I've never thought of getting it done, but i've always wanted to know doesn't it get in the way when you eat or anything. Is it painful the first few days and then fine eating after that?
    Yeah, actually I was thinking of getting my ass pierced togeter like Steve-o from Jackass. I was just wondering does it hurt and how long it's swell up for and where I can get it done, also, would I be able to go to the loo without having to take it out all the time? Would I have to cover it for swimming/p.e? :rolleyes:
    the madonna piercing you were talking about is actually called a marilyn munroe as she had a beauty spot in the same place. as for the tongue piercing just make sure you go to a reptuable place as you have a major artery in your tongue and it can quite easily be caught, but any fully trained piercer will know what their doing and i doesn't hurt that much just a bit weird for a week or two