Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Clense, Tone & Moisturise??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey

I'm 22 and all my life I have never used any sort of lotions or creams for the skin on my face. I wear make up everyday without fail and just stick it straight on in the mornings, i take it off in the evenings using boots cucumber clensing wipes, and i've done this for years.

I hear all about how women are meant to clense, tone and moisturise but i don't have a clue why we are ment to do this and what sort of products i am meant to be using? is just using clensing wipes bad for my skin? if i use other products on my face will it be softer? what do you use??

Comments

• Options
    i use some facewash in the morning, and cream cleanser in the morning and moisturise day and night.

But i have very dry skin!

the only thing i would say is that a face wash might be better, i'm not too sure how good those wipes are for deep cleansing...

everyone should be using some kind of moisturiser, but some only need to use a very light one once a day...

you face should be softer and less spotty (if you get spots), it might brighten the skin tone up a bit as well!
  • Options
    i do have quite a dull skin tone. so you would recomend putting some moisturiser on before bed maybe? my skin is quite greasy though, would this not make it worse?
  • Options
    I use a daily exfoliating scrub at least once a day and simple hydrating moisturiser twice a day. If I'm being a bit lazy or am drunk I use baby wipes.

I use a moisturising face mask a few times a week, leave it on over night.

I can get dry skin around my nose especially in the winter so always need to use moisturiser and have done since i was about 9 :yes:
  • Options
    ±Lover± wrote: »
    i do have quite a dull skin tone. so you would recomend putting some moisturiser on before bed maybe? my skin is quite greasy though, would this not make it worse?

No, you can get moisturiser for oily skin I know clearasil does one.
  • Options
    mostiure is good for the skin

I moisturize, if I'm not being lazy I'll exfoliate too. I used to have toner, which made my skin look better, but i must've used it all and never got anymore because I don't have any anymore, and can't remember what kind it was to get more. I like St.Ives for cleanser and moisturizer it seems to work well, my skin is sometimes dry and oily so should be fine for you as well
  • Options
    Everybody has got their own skin care routine, whether it be the whole "cleanse tone and moisturize"schpeal or something else. If what you do works for you, then no point in changing it I say ;) I wash my face in the shower, use either a toner or an astrengent and moisturizer. Thats my routine because thats what I've done my whole life... and if I don't moisturize my face gets all itchy and tight.

As for the type of products, trial and error. Sometimes I get yummy smelling stuff, right now I use proactive as a year or so ago I got the 20something pre-teen puberty pizza face :p I'm also a sucker for the store brand equlivent of olay moisturizer. $10 compared to $3, yes please!
  • Options
    My grilfriend has some moisturiser that smells so nice i ate some... and i dont regret it. :blush:
  • Options
    My grilfriend has some moisturiser that smells so nice i ate some... and i dont regret it. :blush:

:lol: That really made me laugh! What moisturiser was it?!
  • Options
    I cleanse, tone and moisturize every morning and night but then i suffer bad skin problems so try and be sensible about looking after my skin :blush: Not that it's helping at the moment, grrr :crying:
  • Options
    What products do you use?

I've seen in boots some cucumber toner and moisturiser so am tempted to get some of that and see if it makes a diffrence. when am i ment to put all this stuff on? before bed? there is not much point in the morning as i stick the slap on before i go to work
  • Options
    I probably follow completely the wrong routine so don't heed my advice but i use a problem skin cleanser, an aloe vera toner and a vitamin e moisturiser from the body shop. I do this at night before i go to bed and again in the morning before i put my makeup on (bearing in mind i do this in morning because i'm down the stables for 2 hours and get a bit dusty and grimy).