Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mapping a joypad to letters/ASCII?

I've got a Logitech dual-action connected to a PC running Windows XP. Is there any 3rd-party software that allows the joypad buttons to map to keys on the keyboard? E.g. mapping the directional button to W-A-S-D (common for gamers) and for 4 action buttons to map to 1-2-3-4?

I'm asking because I've got an emulator for a BBC Micro and I'm concerned that all this button-mashing will knacker out my nice £70 gaming keyboard :-D If I can, I want to substitute my joypad for letter input :-)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd go for a hardware sub myself. Just plug the controller in, then plug the adapter into the USB port and set it up that way.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Try to find a program called "GlovePIE". I used it sometimes in the past.
    It allows you to map input from one device to input from another, virtual or real device. I think joysticks are included.
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    I'd go for a hardware sub myself. Just plug the controller in, then plug the adapter into the USB port and set it up that way.

Αυτό είναι όλα τα ελληνικά μου. :blush:
  • Options
    I'm not sure what a hardware sub is, but cheers (Indrid) for the heads up on GlovePIE. I'll check that l'il number out :-)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Teagan wrote: »
    Áõôü åßíáé üëá ôá åëëçíéêÜ ìïõ. :blush:
    "Áõôü" is singular. When speaking about a language, without using the word "language", you use plural to refer to it and so the first word should be "ÁõôÜ". :p
    I guess the translator wasn't so good.

You're welcome Mons.

EDIT: Strange, Teagan's letters appeared but mine didn't?
  • Options
    :lol: Thanks for correcting Google.

You reminded me of that scene in 'Life of Brian' where the Roman centurion corrects Brian on the appropriate use of Latin tense when Brian is caught painting protest graffiti.

p.s. I post my messages using Rich Text so it seems to pick up foreign symbols.