Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Best Friends, Just Friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

Alright, so after reading a lot of posts on these discussion boards, I've pretty come to know that a lot of people have come across what I have myself encountered, but I'm gonna say it anyways and I appreciate ANY advice on the situation..

Basically, I met this girl last summer after i just graduated. A little background on me is that I'm a DIE HARD wrestler and it's my passion, now that part that got her to me was that she was a DIE HARD wrestler as well. You know, very tough, not weeping emotions everywhere, but still very thoughtful and taught with the "earning what you want" attitude growing up, but can still be the sweet girl with the smile outside of the gym :). She was staying with a roommate of hers and we got to know each other very well at practice and after wards talking and introducing her to my friends.

After a few days, her roommate refused to drive her to practice anymore for one reason or another and became quite a jerk honestly. She would still talk to me and tell me about how she couldn't make it to practice anymore because of him. So, one day after practice, I took my bike and rode it down about 20 miles or so down the highway down to the apartment where she stayed at while the guy was at work. I showed up and she was in her pajamas haha :) and I remember her being so surprised and all she said was, "Dante! Wait.. how did you.. did you ride your bike?" I laughed and explained that i wanted to see her so i went ahead and rode down here and it was no big deal (lies) haha :cool:

So, days went by, and day after day i would ride my bike there and we would play pool at the rec, or workout at the gym and laugh a lot and watch movies on her laptop in the empty apartment. Most fun I've had with someone in honestly, idk how long :/, but after days like this kept going on from after morning practice to her place everyday. I went ahead and told her that it would be alright if she wanted to stay with me at my parent's house (just graduated, haven't left for college yet). She was training for fargo (freestyle wrestling nationals) and still needed to train. I talked to my parents and the girl said YES haha.

For the next few days I gave her my bed and we would stay up and watch movies and play board games and ride our bikes for god knows how long and go to practice. We would do it day, after day, after day for over a week. Now, when that day came she had to leave, I obviously made her breakfast (light because she had to watch her weight for wrestling) and we hung out for awhile and i remember that night we went to a friend's pool and we were playing around in the hot tub (not in that way) and at one point i turned my back and she jumped on me and just started laughing hysterically as we switched shorts we swam in.

She went to wrestle at nationals and we kept touch and since I use to wrestle for team texas myself, I called in a favor from one of the coaches and got the address to the girl's hotel and sent her flowers telling her the standard, "good luck, hope these help, and i think about you.." she greatly appreciated them and when she came back for a few days.. I just had to tell her that I enjoyed this summer immensely and that i felt feelings for her (not in a heavy way, just so i wouldn't overwhelm her) and she said that she would, "give it a shot" but the distance is what killed it. I live in Austin, TX and she lives four hours away from me. So, obviously i respected what she said, but obviously felt down and we kept in touch.

About a week after, one day on AIM she told me about she is seeing somebody now and i didn't show it.. but it really.. you know, made me depressed. We talking a lot through AIM, phone, text, myspace, and as a couple months went by, I still felt things for her, but her and her bf were "falling for each other.. :(" but he would get mad over stupid jealous stuff all the time! Constant fighting I guess helped, because she would come to me to talk about him being retarded ;), so one day she was crying about how stressed she is with wrestling, school, and everything else and wished i was there to help her out.

The next day, I skipped class (at UTSA now) that thursday and friday and drove down to see her as a surprise since I haven't seen her since summer (2 months). I ran all over that city looking for the high school (she was a senior of '09) and finally found her class and as the bell rang, of course she was the first to leave haha and she double glanced me and dropped her jaw and jumped ALL over me :) and she let go eventually and I saw her wipe away tears from her eyes and she jumped on me again.

She took me to her next class and introduced me to her coach, friends, family, teammates and a lot of people referred to me as, "OH that's Dante" haha yep and we hung out around town and she took me to her football game at her school friday night.. and of course, her bf comes in to surprise her and starts being an ass because I was there with her and he thought she was cheating. So, she is being nice to me still, but won't talk very much, because apparently they broke up.

We got home and all she said was, "Idk what you want to do, but I'm going to sleep bye" so basically by now my parents found out I wasn't at school like I should have been and call me to bark at me. I tell them I'm not leaving yet and get too worked up to sleep so I find her schoolwork on the table with her english hw that is really difficult btw. I look it over and it takes me about three hours to finish myself.

I pass out around 5 am and wake up and we sit on the couch and say next to nothing to each other and I tell her that perhaps I should go. She agrees and I get my things together and as she walked me out, she thanked me for coming to see her and doing her hw (which she discovered) and that I didn't have to, but I told her I wanted to and left. I started to drive five mins down the road and realize that I HAVE to know for sure. I turn around and came back to her house and as a side note (I always carry my All State medal with me) and I planted it in her house for her to keep for me and as I came out of the house, she walked me out again and I was about to leave as I opened the door, I shut it and walked up to her and told her and I quote, "(girl's name), I want to do something right now.. and I think you know what it is, but you know why I can't just do it, because of (bf's name) and I just wanted you to know that.. I want to" she was quiet for a few seconds and very quietly said, ".. I.. I can't" and I kinda teared for a sec and right before I got in the car I told her, "Haha, (girl's name) that's why I like you soo much" and left.

It's been 8 months since I've met her and we've talked about everyday since we met and we've become closer friends, I've sent her wrestling shoes on christmas (which she loved!) and I just recently sent her flowers to help with the stress at school and flowers for when her neighbor died (and that bf died that I was talking about as well). I've been helping her with getting into college her immensely and idk if she is interested at all! I can't seem to move on. I've been with two other girls, but for only the span of a few weeks because they don't like the fact that she is close to me and I choose my friend over the other girls any day.

I find out later her bf made her make that choice as well and she chose to break up with him cuz he was jealous of me. I KNOW this was way long, but I can't sleep anymore. Hasn't been a day.. not ONE where I haven't thought about her and I just wish I could you know.. tell her EVERYTHING on my mind about her, but don't want to overload you know?

Idk anymore, all my friends say I love her, but I can't say that somebody loves someone unless they return the feelings, because eventually you can only hold on for so long without any kind of return of emotions, but I'm so miserable and we only see each other once every two months and talk about everyday. Should I ask her again? Should I let her know how I really feel? Should I make a move? Should I take a chance and kiss her?

Help,
Dante