Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Valentines day

Im glad its on a saturday so i dont have to see all the stuff in school it just gets me down as im single and none of the girls im my year interest me

anyone else feel the same?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have escaped somewhat. My girl is working in the club that night, so I don't have to fuck around with all the bullshit that is involved on the evening.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    I have escaped somewhat. My girl is working in the club that night, so I don't have to fuck around with all the bullshit that is involved on the evening.

Lucky, all the lovey stuff i can do its just when your NOT with somebody its depressing.
  • Options
    Lucky, all the lovey stuff i can do its just when your NOT with somebody its depressing.

I hate all the lovey stuff when I am being told I should be lovey. Fuck that. I don't get depressed at any of it, but it narks me as romantic gestures should be spontaneous or planned when YOU want them to be, not because some fucker tells you to.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Exactly.

Still is fucking annoying though!
  • Options
    Yeah :) for couples its a good day to be all lovey without looking like a tosser
  • Options
    Nope, not fussed although I think its funny when someone receives a valentine they don't know who it is from :)
  • Options
    I'm the only girl (in my office at least) this year, so wont have to put up with ungreatful females winging about the flowers they got on valentines day.
  • Options
    the year before last year i got a card and i didnt know who it was off..i still dont know who sent me it lol
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'm actually looking forward to getting cunt all. :D
  • Options
    Balls. Girl has cancelled her shift, and I got a bollocking for not making any arrangements for the weekend. I fucking HATE V-Day.
  • Options
    Mate, I broke up with my long term girlfriend last week and I'm really enjoying the freedom and I'm actually not going to mind being single this Valentines day.

Two things you should know:

1)Valentines day is full of shit.
    2)Relationships are far too much hassle, especially at 16 or whatever age you are.

:thumb:
  • Options
    I shall be working a 12 hour shift valentines day...but me and my bf hadn't planned anything anyway. I don't see why it's always made into a big deal.
  • Options
    I shall be seeing my brand new lover but I'm on a 12hr shift on the sunday so it'll probably just be a curry, casualty and sleeping in seperate beds! Haha.

I did get him a silly V-Day card though :D
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Mate, I broke up with my long term girlfriend last week and I'm really enjoying the freedom and I'm actually not going to mind being single this Valentines day.

Two things you should know:

1)Valentines day is full of shit.
    2)Relationships are far too much hassle, especially at 16 or whatever age you are.

:thumb:

Haha yeh it is full of shit
    also yeh it is alot of hassle but it has its up side :)
  • Options
    we always do something on the 13th as its quieter and its our lucky number.
    I think V day is nice. I dont think romantic gestures need to be spontaneous, as long as theyre genuine and heartfelt it doesnt matter.
  • Options
    we always do something on the 13th as its quieter and its our lucky number.
    I think V day is nice. I dont think romantic gestures need to be spontaneous, as long as theyre genuine and heartfelt it doesnt matter.

I agree, not 13th its FRIDAY!!

I appreciate and like genuine stuff from the other half but everybody who takes it over the top just lowers the spirit of the whole day and make it into a stressful time.
  • Options
    friday the 13th is an ubercool date for a romantic celebration.

If someone takes it OTT, thats up to them if they can afford it.
    The only problem there is if someone expects that and gets pissed off if they dont get it, but then it appears to me that the vast majority of women are happy with less extravagance and just a simple acknowledgement like a card and a small gift, and the majority of men dont give a shit about it therefore get all huffy
  • Options
    We're going out for a meal in the evening and have a couple of possible wedding reception venues to look round, but we're up at my mum's place for the weekend so won't be able to be as coupley as we would have been at home....having a brother with a birthday on the 16th makes valentines day difficult to celebrate when it falls on a weekend.
  • Options
    I'll be working most of the day, sadly.
    Don't have someone this Valentines day either so not like it matters.
    Hate Valentines day haha.