Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Deaths related to HPV vaccine...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had my first vaccine on 6th February...

I've been reading up and there are a lot of stories about deaths from this vaccination.. Paralysis, Heart Attack, Seizures, Miscarriages etc.

Well to be fair it was not the Ceravix Jab but the sister jab called Gerdasil (or something like that)

Loads of people have been saying different things, like the jab contains bad chemicals such as mercury and nail varnish remover and other poisons chemicals.

I'm not sure what to do about getting the second one next month... do I or don't I?

Hmmm

Comments

• Options
    Loads of people have been saying different things, like the jab contains bad chemicals such as mercury and nail varnish remover and other poisons chemicals.

Who has been saying that?

I'm pretty sure they test vaccinations quite carefully these days, I would have thought it'd be pretty headline news if people were dying left right and centre from it. Any drug has risks I supose, but I'm sure they wouldn't be offering it out if it was really unsafe.
    There are always scare stories about stuff like this... I'd only listen to it if you've heard it from a reliable source.
  • Options
    As Lu said if it was true we would've heard about it in the press.
  • Options
    Sounds like nonsense to me. Consider the MMR 'scandal', which was based on nothing more than a little extremely bad, unethical science and a lot of media hype. Where exactly did you hear these stories - are they based on scientific studies or just anecdotal evidence? Ask your GP if you're really worried, they will give you proper advice.
  • Options
    There are scare stories with everything and you only tend to hear about things when they go wrong. Like Lu_C said drugs are tested vigorously before they are put on the market so try not to worry. :) I wish I was young enough to get it.
  • Options
    a lot of christian internet groups (and i'm sorry to any christians, this is not meant to be offencive to you) have been spreading these rumours in order to get more recruits into their abstainance programmes. Its utterly sick tacktics if you ask me...

it would be allowed for public use if that was the case...

the only thing is that it might cause a misscarriage, and thats why they ask you if you are pregnant before hand, but as far as i am aware, any vaccine can do this because its an immune system responce, to reject any foriegn bodies, and it sees a foetus as such.
  • Options
    it would be allowed for public use if that was the case...
    Freudian slip! But, yes, what TT said. I've been looking into it because I've been asked by a few people to start lobbying the NHS to make it available to uni students and I've not heard any of that stuff. Urban legend, I think.
  • Options
    oh yes! i was rather drunk when i wrote that, like it would have made much of a difference anyway...
  • Options
    You can find people saying all sorts of things on the internet - it's up to you to decide how you judge what they are saying.

Vaccines can cause adverse effects but then so can the infections they help prevent. You have to make the decision as to whether the benefits outweigh the risks.

Some people argue that there isn't enough information/research available fopeople to make informed choices. Not enough information to prove the safety of vaccines or to discredit theories of the ways vaccines could possibly be bad for people. There may be an element of truth in that.

From a personal point of view I have had a whole barrage of vaccinations and have suffered no ill effects that I can attribute to having the vaccinations.