Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Has anybody out there had this treatment?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been diagnosed with pre-cancer changes to my cervix and need to have the LLETZ treatment done. I'd love to hear from anyone who's had this already and what it's like?

Comments

• Options
    Hi god hope you're ok huni i never heard of that treatment maybe it might be lazer treatment of some sort ?let me know how you get on +what they if they find anything p.m me anytime xoxo:heart:
  • Options
    Its uncomfortable and i personally found it quite distressing - but you might not - i also found it quite hard to keep still whilst it was being done - i guess unconciously flinching at the pain sort of thing. I also didn't overly appreciate being shown everythign which was going on on a large screen TV - I understand that they wanted to talk me through the procedure but looking at bits of my cervix being hacked out isn't exacly my idea of entertainment. Thankfully a very nice healthcare assistant held my hand.

If you can I would advise you take someone along with you - preferably your mum - to hold your hand for you and to take you home after and feed you lots of chocolates because although it doesnt' hurt that much you dont' really want to be going back to school/work afterwards and probably need some time to chill out.
  • Options
    Thanx for your lovely reply, I'll let you know how it all goes, it's on 23rd of Feb - Ahhhhgggggg!!!!!!
  • Options
    I'm soooooooooo nervous about this, trying not to think too much about it, and my mum is coming along although she's nearly 80, mums are always the best at holding hands. Did u get much pain afterwards?
  • Options
    I had something similar done i think as in procedure wise but not for pre-cancer changes. I'm sorry to hear you're having to go through this but at least they caught the changes and can now help you.
    By the sound of what Wyetry says my procedure was similar in sorts, mine was a laser so slightly different. It is uncomfortable but to be honest didn't really bother me all that much, i'd had that many smears done it just became another routine thing. I think it's more the intrusive quality to it that can un-nerve you a little although i didn't bother watching the tv, bit too squeamish. :blush: I assume they'll give you a local injection to numb everything too.
    Like Wyetry says, it's nice to have someone there and to fuss over you when you get home. :yes: