Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I just saw my turtle attempt suidicide

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did. He did it twice before. Both while the boyfriend and I are at work. The first time he tried to escape http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/Simba%20Jr/HPIM0352.jpg and the second time he just tried to hide http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/Simba%20Jr/HPIM0354.jpg (real pictures of how I found him when I got home from work) and he's been getting up on the edge of his tank again (which is 4 feet off the ground) and I was getting pissed off and I told Simba Jr, I dare you, I fucking dare you. And the next thing I know... he did! He took my dare. Hes on his back on the floor.

My turtle hates me so much he wants to die!

Comments

• Options
    What a persistant turtle you have.
  • Options
    Oh dear. This is not good.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Haha. Bad Simba Jr!
  • Options
    I feed him and I just spent my life savings on a new home for him! Why is he so fucking unappreciative!!!!

He gets up on the ledge and I put him back in the water... but neither Ed or I have come home to him exploring the house in a long long time... but today I'm home all day... that means he is so sick of seeing me he took that extra step.

Dick. I hate him too, its ok :p
  • Options
    Does he just climb out? Does the tank have a lid?
  • Options
    It might be because you've given him the campest name ever :o

He's desperate to prove he's tougher than his girly name. Like men called Ashley or Lesley. They're always jumping off of high things to prove their masculinity.
  • Options
    I did. He did it twice before. Both while the boyfriend and I are at work. The first time he tried to escape http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/Simba%20Jr/HPIM0352.jpg and the second time he just tried to hide http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/Simba%20Jr/HPIM0354.jpg (real pictures of how I found him when I got home from work) and he's been getting up on the edge of his tank again (which is 4 feet off the ground) and I was getting pissed off and I told Simba Jr, I dare you, I fucking dare you. And the next thing I know... he did! He took my dare. Hes on his back on the floor.

My turtle hates me so much he wants to die!

please potw!!
  • Options
    It might be because you've given him the campest name ever :o

He's desperate to prove he's tougher than his girly name. Like men called Ashley or Lesley. They're always jumping off of high things to prove their masculinity.

You can just fuck right the hell of becuase any dirrative of Simba is the best name ever. Godforbid I ever have a kid but it would be named Simba Jr... Lock him in a locker, fine, but he would still have th best na,e :p Ok, he is not Simba Original, but he is still a Simba and there is no better name...

granted he is actually a she... if I rename her to Nala?

But Simba is a boy name so still, you go right to hell, Mr funny. I no longer wish I was you for a day... humph

An no, he doesn't have a lid. I'm afraid he'll run out of air :p He just climbs out. I've got him a new home but we are cleaining/fixing it so he is in the little home and his basking area is reaching distance of the exit.

He starts out as http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/HPIM0496.jpg and just goes.

He says, oh my god, I hate Amanda...

When the garage door opens... (the boyfriend goes in the garage) he gets on his basking dock and faces towards the garage door. And he follows him across the room. One day I;m going to kill Simba Jr and Ed... but this post will be deleted by thenso there is no evidence and noone can convicrt me... and I"ve watched enough court tv an\yhow.
  • Options
    You can just fuck right the hell of becuase any dirrative of Simba is the best name ever. Godforbid I ever have a kid but it would be named Simba Jr... Lock him in a locker, fine, but he would still have th best na,e :p Ok, he is not Simba Original, but he is still a Simba and there is no better name...

The more I think about, the more Simba sounds like the nick name for some old rich woman. Like Queenie, or Sweetie, or Bunny. The kind of woman who marries old rich businessmen, wears a lot of prints and looks like Liz Taylor:

Liz+Taylor.jpg
  • Options
    You shut up! I don't like you anymore. Siba is the best and there is no better name. you are just aying what you do because you are jelous you arn't named simba jr. Truefact :p
  • Options
    You shut up! I don't like you anymore. Siba is the best and there is no better name. you are just aying what you do because you are jelous you arn't named simba jr. Truefact :p

There's a gay bar around the corner from my flat that has regular drag artist nights. I think one of the ladies on the poster was called Simba :o
  • Options
    Was it you, cuz you are jelous of the name
  • Options
    Bloody hell, it took me ages to find him (her?) in the second picture!!

Hehe, I'm sure you can get lids that are mesh tops, so it will let the air in without giving him a free door to the outside world :yes:
  • Options
    haha this thread made me laugh
  • Options
    i think its pretty obvious the only way around this problem is to gather all the neighbourhood pets in some kind of encaged area and have them fight it out till the death
  • Options
    i fucking lol'd for like 10 minutes.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Are there psychiatrists for turtles?
  • Options
    omg you have the same turtle as me, but mine is massive, he is far to lazy to try and escape thou! I think the dog or cat would have him before we found him!
  • Options
    omg you have the same turtle as me, but mine is massive, he is far to lazy to try and escape thou! I think the dog or cat would have him before we found him!

:D Whats his name? Pictures!! How old? :eek: they can be friends! ;) I think mine is only 3ish years old (about 6.5 inches) Pissing me off today, he eats the ramp I use for his basking dock. Little fucker.

He will have a new home this weekend that is taller so he cannot escape anymore. I hope it depresses him... and there is nothing he can do about it. He might drown himself though.
  • Options
    Lol, that made me smile!

His name is terror, im not sure how old he is but i think hes about 4 or 5 will ask my mum 2moz. I think he is around 10 inches he is a big bugger, i will try to get some pics tomoz!
  • Options
    aww i want one :(

took me ages to find him in the second picture too!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    lol, I just noticed the title... suidicide? :p
  • Options
    I have finally found pics, these were about a year ago so he is bigger still!

emznewcamera003-1.jpg

emznewcamera004.jpg

emznewcamera006.jpg

emznewcamera007.jpg
  • Options
    Awwwww!!!!! Love him :D Though are you sure he is not a she? Simba Jr is actually a lady but we don't tell him ;)

They can be friends!

Don't you just love their big feet, I think that is just adorable :heart:
  • Options
    no its definatly a boy we have seen his balls lol! He is well cute just a bit mad!!
  • Options
    Turtle Issues

I Have a Turtle as well, in Fact a Red Ear slider. Her name is Lucky. Anyway depending on what kind of Habitat/Tank/Cage whatever you want to call it you can screens that slide into slots on top of the Tank for a simple 20.00 bucks at the local petstore. Now if you turtle is just Bound Damn and determined to escape from the cage you might just want to relocate the cage closer to the floor and provide a ramp or something out of the cage. This way he can escape safetly. You might have to try and find her when you get home but at least you wan't be coming home to find her upside down. Also she's not trying to commit suicide she doesn't hate you she wants more of your attention. As long as you practice good hand washing when interacting with your turtle you can take them out, and let them walk around, play with them, scratch their back when their shedding their shell, so and so forth. During the summer you can even take her out and let her crawl around the yard as long as you stay outside with her. My turtle is constantly coming up with new ways to get my attention. She'll splash the water when she wants fed, bumps her shell against the glass when she wants out, Plays Hide and Go seek in the Corner, and even chases my kitten when she's out on the floor. Just b/c their not fury and adorable doesn't mean they don't get bored or want to interact with their owners. Its simple treat your Turtle like you would any other pet, spend time with her. Buy her a toy to play with when your not home it should help keep her occupied when your not there. Anyway hope this helps. and Good Luck :) [/COLOR][/COLOR]
  • Options
    Aw my tortoise climbed on top of his hide and jumped off twice when i moved around some of his furniture, I don't think they like change very much.
    If it make you feel any better
    A friend of mine once had a hamster in cage - the old fashioned wire kind. Only a few months after she bought it, she came home one day to find her hamster on it's back and stone dead in the middle of the cage. She had no idea how or why this happened but nonetheless she bought another one. A bit later, I can't really remember how long, months, she saw the new hamster climb up to the second story of the cage, climb the wire wall and onto the ceiling, get to the middle and then just let go. Two of her hamsters committed suicide! She got the message after that :P
  • Options
    Funny that this old thread was brought up today. Shortly after that he got a bigger home, but he continues to grow and a few days ago he realized he could now reach the top of this one when he stands on his dock. Luckily there is a wall in his way this time... just waiting for him to knock the lamp in the water and shatter the bulb. That will be a fun clean up.
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    Funny that this old thread was brought up today. Shortly after that he got a bigger home, but he continues to grow and a few days ago he realized he could now reach the top of this one when he stands on his dock. Luckily there is a wall in his way this time... just waiting for him to knock the lamp in the water and shatter the bulb. That will be a fun clean up.

Why are you a newbie? When and why did you leave and comeback?!
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Why are you a newbie? When and why did you leave and comeback?!
    That person wanted to start fresh?