Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chat notifications

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
:wave:

Based on feedback we've been wondering whether people would find it helpful to receive email notifications about live chat sessions and other community updates?

If you would like to receive such updates/notifications then drop me a line at helen@thesite.org or PM me your email address and I'll set up a mailing list with the absolute promise that your email won't be used for anything else!

Also, is there any other ways that people would find it useful to be reminded/find out about live chats?

I look forward to your thoughts on this. :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would quite like it if Jim rang me up in person to tell me when a chat was, and more.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    GoodFella wrote: »
    I would quite like it if Jim rang me up in person to tell me when a chat was, and more.

Yes, this is a good idea!
  • Options
    It is possible to have a pop up on the boards, like when you get a PM? So it would be like:

TheSite.org chat has begun, would you like to join? (Opens new window)
    [Ok] [Cancel]
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    It is possible to have a pop up on the boards, like when you get a PM?
    Yes that would be cool
  • Options
    emailed ;-)
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    It is possible to have a pop up on the boards, like when you get a PM? So it would be like:

TheSite.org chat has begun, would you like to join? (Opens new window)
    [Ok] [Cancel]

only opt in though, because that would be really annoying if you don't want to chat.
  • Options
    only opt in though, because that would be really annoying if you don't want to chat.

Yea I guess in User CP it would have an option just like PM notifications does now.
  • Options
    plan :thumb:
  • Options
    What I would find helpful if somebody actually would once in the million times I've asked answer why the java thing wont work so I can't get into chat because nobody likes me :crying:
  • Options
    What version of java do you have installed? What operating system do you have? To be fair the applet isnt the best and it normally crashes on me. After it fails to load, have you tried refreshing right on that page then and there? Next time there is chat on we shall have a troubleshooting session :)
  • Options
    I dont know, all I know is when I click to enter it tells me I don't have the right Java and then I click and go to the java page and it tells me to go away because I've already updated it to the current thing.

I use windows, is that the operating system? windows xp? And I"m pretty sure I refresh, thats my be all end all attempt at doing anything.

Thank you! :D:heart: