Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how do i get my midi keyboard to link up to logic?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I will personally admit, i am good with hardware, shit with computers when its not straight forward and involves drivers...

Got logic studio 8 on my mac book, and my new evolution MK-361...can't get them to talk to each other...

had a CD with it but it seemed to only have software on it, and no drivers...

what do i do?

Comments

• Options
    What is it that its not doing? It just doesn't work at all? Are you connecting is via USB or a MIDI port?

I have an M-Audio Oxygen 49 which connects via USB. You shouldn't really have to install drivers or do anything with a modern PC or Mac if your using USB.
    I have used it with Logic, Cubase and Reason and I have never installed anything... just plugged it straight in.

You do have to set up the functions if thats what you mean? I can't remeber exactly where the option is in Logic but it has a midi learn function, where you can make any button on the keyboard control almost any feature in Logic.

Straight off the bat tho you should be able to play notes with the keys.
  • Options
    its connected by USB, but still not working!

its on, but not working in logic
  • Options
    any option to add a device in logic, silly question it might have it in tools or somthing, not a mac person but might be there