Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Some advice please :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, I've been taking the pill since I was 15 so for 6 years now and I'm thinking about stopping taking it. I only went on it in the first place to help with my periods. I just think that 6 years is quite a long time to be taking it and also I'm sure it is what has made my sex drive plummet and makes me awfully moody :(
At the moment it's the only contraceptive I use with my bf but for the past few months I have been shockingly bad at taking it, mainly due to my working pattern. I normally take it at half 7 but I either forget to take it to work with me and then can't take it till 8/8.30pm or I rememeber about half way through the day. Either way I'm not taking it properly :rolleyes: And it's not going to be a hugh deal to use condoms.
I'm just not sure what to expect if I come off it...will I have to wait before my periods return to normal and if I change my mind in a year or so would it be okay to go back on it?

Any advice and help would be muchly appreciated :yes: :)

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

I don't know much but it sounds like you should consider comming off the pill as far as i know - it varys from person to person as to what happens to thier periods after stopping the pill - for some people they return to normal but for others they never really settle down or can take a few months - but it really depends why you went on it in the first place and what your periods were like before hand i.e. if they were irregular then you have more chance of them being irregular when you come off it.

I dont' think that it will be bad to go back on it if you change your mind later either.
  • Options
    I was on the pill for 7 years and recently came off it after it caused me to have mood swings etc. Since coming off it my periods have been very regular. You may as well try it and see. I'm much happier now I don't take the pill , you dont relaise how much it changes you until you come off it.
  • Options

I'm going to use up this last pack then not get anymore! My periods before were pretty regular, I never went months without one, they were jsut painful but I can live with that if it stops me being a moody ol'bitch ;)