Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help :S

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, I really like this guy, and he's in a relationship, and they've been going out since about early October? Now the guy I like fancied me just before we all went to uni, and he started seeing this other guy afer then, and also I wasn't over my ex at this point, so I didn't want to initiate anything. Now I've come back from uni for Christmas, and he rang me a good 3-4 times for the couple of weeks running up to it, asking if I was back, and we saw each other in a club, he came with us, and my friend said he seemed really comfortable with me, then he came out with us again last night, and we hada really good time etc. I tested the water slightly by moving very closely to him, and, if he hadn't got a boyfriend, I probably would've kissed him. Now for some reason, he has me blocked on Facebook, and sometimes he can be quite unresponsive on msn, and I'm thinking this is his boyfriend? Apparently they had a minor 'issue' because of me when they started going out, which I think may be his boyfriend being jealous...? :S

What would you say are the chances of him still liking me? I wouldn't swoop in and steal him, but if him and his boyfriend were to split, I'd be happy to date him after a while... :) I just wanted people's opinions on whether they think he likes me in that way still or not.

Comments

• Options
    It seems likely this guy still has feelings for you. Most likely one of two things I guess (wouldn't surprise me if they're linked either)- 1. he feels a bit messed around/hurt over the timing and not being able to get with you before. 2. he doesn't want to hurt his current boyfriend so it giving it the best chance of working or running it's course by breaking contact with you for a bit. I would say respect his wishes if you think somewhere down the line you may be able to have something worthwhile with this man. In a sense he's being a bit childish by talking to you one minute then breaking contact, but I can sort of see where he's coming from. If the attraction is still there once this other guy's off the scene it could ultimately make a stronger relationship. If there's already been issues over someone else (you) then most likely the jealousy won't magically disappear just cos this other guy isn't talking to you anymore - I'm guessing it won't break any records for longest relationship. Let him get on with his present relationship and use it as an opportunity to be single for a bit longer and to learn a bit more about yourself and what you may want from future relationships. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you very much, i appreciate your advice! :)
  • Options
    oh well, he likes you, but not enough to forsake what he's having to be with you.

So either wait, or get over it.