Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should I hold on to hope with this boy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I've known this guy from a distance for ten months and I really, really, really like him. He doesn't know me very well though and has blanked me on occasion.
I just don't know how to get over him and move on. I've never met anyone I've been so attracted to and I've got this stupid idea that he's 'the one'. Thinking of things I don't like about him haven't worked since I even find his flaws adorable. I've really got it bad. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    Hey kitty ill try and help you as I am in a similar situation myself with a girl.

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?t=132903

See if you can help on that.

I was just wondering how old you were? If you don't want to say thats fine. :)

This boy, you said you know him fomr a distance. Is he in your college/work? Have you actually spoke to him/on speaking terms with him? Have you got to know him? If you have known him for 10 months I am guessing you have and by the sounds of it you are really interested in him. Next time you see him/walk past him just say hi and see what his response is. You never know until you try. I have thought I had seen a girl who is "the one". I never got to be with her unfourtanley. But a year later I have met someone else who I thought is the one. Anyway alls I can say is if it isnt him, just leave him. I know it will be hard but you may find someone else soon who you have the same feelings for, you never know.
  • Options
    Hi Jim. I'm 19, I don't mind you asking.

The situation with me and my boy is a bit out-of-the-ordinary. I don't know him very well and have only spoken to him on a handful of occasions. He was lovely and sweet to me at all times. He lives on the other side of the city from me and we hardly ever get to see each other. He's very guarded so it's difficult to know how he feels.
    Tbh I think it's not going to get off the ground until we actually seriously get to spend some time together. Until then it's going to be all awkward conversation. Giving up on him from a distance hasn't worked because I still truly love him.
  • Options
    Hey, hmmm, well when do you actually see him? When you ever see him just try and speak to him, like bring something up from past conversations. When you say awkward conversations you are in the same situation as me. It is only awkward, if you make it awkward. Trust me, I've been there plenty of times! Just be yourself with him and try and make him know your intentions! Don't go over the top, just playfully hit him if he says something cheeky. Then you can see if he is worth going after or not.