Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Goodbye music?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,722 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Sadly a friend of mine passed away recently and his family have asked me to organise some music for the funeral but i dont know what to get apart from

kamelot - dont you cry

anybody know any good rememberance songs? or good bye songs
thanks
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    shine on you crazy diamond -pink floyd

did have a good look and i can't think on any more, but i'll add some if i can think...

my condolences...
  • Options
    Probably a good idea to shy away from the heavy metal if it's a funeral to be honest..
  • Options
    incubus - pardon me (acoustic)?
    jeff buckley - last goodbye
  • Options
    listen to the song z0ma then talk to me.
  • Options
    Who Want To Live Forever? by Queen - seems like a jokey title but the lyrics mean something.

Time of Your Life by Green Day - was done at a friends funeral, it really kinda fit the whole thing perfectly - he was 22 when he died so it seemed to work a bit better.
  • Options
    Oh and another thing is to choose his/her favorite song regardless of what genre or tone it is - we had Whiter Sahde of Pale at my girlfriends, the lyrics didnt really mean anything but it didn't seem to matter.

Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd is another good one especially if everyone gets singing along
  • Options
    Like the above poster said, don't just choose a song because it would go well with a funeral. Choose it because it's a song that he loved or something that he liked.

I'd quite like Oasis - Live Forever at mine :p
  • Options
    Yeah his favourite will be played its something by Avenged Sevenfold.. cant remember which im not into em :P ill check all them out later :D
  • Options
    just an idea but what about Elton John 'Your Song'.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your friend :(. I agree with T-T, Shine On You Crazy Diamond is nice. Possibly a bit long but you might be able to get a shortened version.
  • Options
    yeah radio edit, or the song whilst everyone is leaving, because its about 10 mins i think...
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your friend :(. I agree with T-T, Shine On You Crazy Diamond is nice. Possibly a bit long but you might be able to get a shortened version.

Yeh that is too long i guess we'll have to shorten it