Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Why....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is this place so quiet nowadays? Five posts in anything goes the entire day!

Once upon a time this place was brimming with activity, is this thesite discussions boards demise or just a quiet spell?

Comments

• Options
    I thought it seemed to be getting quieter. More new people and less old people... maybe we're just getting too old.
  • Options
    obviously iv been here aaaages but i just dont post these days :/ i must admit a fair bit of what puts me off is so so so many new people, many who will post a problem then never post again, the fact that the average age of posters seems to have gone down (or iv just gotten older...) and that it seems like most of the posts are in relationships. im not saying any of this is bad, just doesnt really make me want to post. ahh.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's been pretty dull. I miss all the action and drama.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    When can we start arguing with SG and Hellfire again? :(:(:(

:p
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    fuckin' rudeboiz.

Also, stargalaxatives.
  • Options
    obviously iv been here aaaages but i just dont post these days :/ i must admit a fair bit of what puts me off is so so so many new people, many who will post a problem then never post again, the fact that the average age of posters seems to have gone down (or iv just gotten older...) and that it seems like most of the posts are in relationships. im not saying any of this is bad, just doesnt really make me want to post. ahh.
    that's how I feel. Also because it's such a popular board I never want to write anything about myself anymore.
  • Options
    that's how I feel. Also because it's such a popular board I never want to write anything about myself anymore.

yep, that too, iv thought of posting problems here a fair few times over the last couple of months but i just never do, the thought of some many people reading it and also the fact that (this may just be my opinion) there is a lot of not-so-sound advice going on, just puts me off. ah well.
  • Options
    Yeah I know, I rely on this place for mid-day entertainment and work and there's nowt.

:(
  • Options
    I find it's because there just seems to be so many pointless posts which you could get on a young teenage sites, like what's your favourite sex position and who shaves where and I just find it annoying. It makes me log in and log back out again.
  • Options
    I joined years ago but rarely posted I just used to browse then I lost my password so joined under this name. But I remeber it sed to be really busy with lot's of posts now it seems to be the same quaestions being asked over and over again
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    But I remeber it sed to be really busy with lot's of posts now it seems to be the same quaestions being asked over and over again

Except for this one : http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=132660

• Options
    Teagan wrote: »

That's the kind of thing I was referring to :banghead:
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    When can we start arguing with SG and Hellfire again? :(:(:(

ah those were the days, shame they've passed :(
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    That's the kind of thing I was referring to :banghead:
    You gotta love those posts, what else would you rather read??
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    ah those were the days, shame they've passed :(
    We should start them again, everyone grab your pitchforks and lynchin' ropes!
  • Options
    It makes me log in and log back out again.

How quaint. I use the 'Remember me?' tick box. ;):p
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »

Wooo! :D
  • Options
    The mods would go on a banning spree if we did and besides hellfire is ok now...its just sg now
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    How quaint. I use the 'Remember me?' tick box. ;):p

Well yes, I do too, I just thought it would be easier to put then come in the website and then close the window again, the other way sounded better :p
  • Options
    They'd never ban me, I'm like a king around here :p
  • Options
    just because people have moved on i think. if you think there are other websites out there for young people now, like facebook and myspace.
  • Options
    I don't post nearly half as much as I used to and I know a lot of the older posters have moved on. It's definitely queiter than it was, used to have such craic here. When I started people were saying how it wasn't the same and I'm sure in a few years we'll have the same conversation, swings and roundabouts. I wonder if we'll all be here in 10 years time? :chin: :crazyeyes :D
  • Options
    Well yes, I do too, I just thought it would be easier to put then come in the website and then close the window again, the other way sounded better :p

LIARGH!
  • Options

And I'm the Lord.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Mm, I remember when I was having a blood test the next day so I couldn't eat, and I posted about it here. It began a not-so-short thread.

I don't think I'd post this kind of thing nowadays. Maybe because I've changed.

EDIT: This was it! And I just noticed BumbleBee's typo. I never tried to chew blood...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I don't post nearly half as much as I used to and I know a lot of the older posters have moved on. It's definitely queiter than it was, used to have such craic here. When I started people were saying how it wasn't the same and I'm sure in a few years we'll have the same conversation, swings and roundabouts. I wonder if we'll all be here in 10 years time? :chin: :crazyeyes :D

:yes:

The boards really aint that different, it's our perspective that changes the most.

And I've been here since 2001.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    That's not what you told me at a meet a few years ago...
  • Options
    Your tounge, my testicles. They should meet.
  • Options
    And I'm the Lord.
    so that would make me the lords sex slave i take it :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    And I'm the Lord.
    Lord Kinbote?