Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The sims 3

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was all geared up for it, coming out in 16 days (from today) and now, aparently it's not coming out till 5th June!!

Anybody else a big fan of the sims?

Comments

• Options
    I used to love the sims but not played it in ages! I've got the sims pets on the wii but thats just poo :(
    I may invest in it all again and become addicted all over :yes:
  • Options
    I read somewhere it's because of advertising, not because there's anything wrong with the game?

That's annoying. I can happily wait, but the game better be good when it arrives :p
  • Options
    I've bought 1 and 2 in 2001 and 2004 respectively. I loved the original Sims, but there was something about the 2nd game that made me not latch onto it. I am very interested to see screenshots of the 3rd game.
  • Options
    Yeah I love Sims. It is the best. Yeah I know. Now we have to wait.
  • Options
    I completed the second series tuesday :) 'The Sims 2, Mansion & Gardens"

I was so looking forward to it! Game said '17 days' now, its jumped to 121 !

Hopefully the third series of the game will let you do 'more' when your in game, instead of having to travel to different lots, but that means a hungry game!
  • Options
    I only really played the sims one with the living large expansion pack. I bought the sims 2 for PS2 but took it back because the controls were too complicated.
  • Options
    I love the Sims but my laptop (which is just over a year old, so not an ancient one) isn't good enough to run it :( guess I'll have to stick to Sims 2
  • Options
    oh! They have a laptop version of the sims, but apparently it's really shit. You have to follow the story set out and that...
  • Options
    I was looking forward to it for ages and then I realised I don't have enough RAM to play the fucking thing :crying: I have something like 767MB and you need 1.5GB.
  • Options
    I'm annoyed :(. I was so looking forward to it. Rich's flatmates bought it for me for my Christmas present and now I have to wait til nearly my birthday! Bah.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    I was looking forward to it for ages and then I realised I don't have enough RAM to play the fucking thing :crying: I have something like 767MB and you need 1.5GB.

Nows a better time then never to upgrade your computer!
  • Options

Ram costs like £9 per gb atm
  • Options
    I play Sims. Not so much annoyed that it's delayed, as leaving it so late to tell people... They would have known ages ago, i would have thought, as by this stage it would be being produced/packaged etc... And if it's advertising issues, what's to stop it being delayed in June as well? I'd have rather have known sooner rather than later.
    Husband reckons that it's all set to go, but EA are worried about credit crunch preventing people buying it, so they are holding out, drumming up a bit more interest and seeing if the financial situation has improved any by June...

Monserrat, there's a Sims 3 website with screenshots... www.thesims3.ea.com
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Ram costs like £9 per gb atm

I haven't got the slightest clue what you do though, plus I figured I would be a little sad to buy extra GB just to play a game. If I had a friend who knew lots about PC's I would probably consider it, but I don't :grump:
  • Options
    Thanks for the link Kate. It looks like EA have done a lot to the scenery work since Sims 2. The characters have a lot more detail than World of Warcraft characters, but only slightly better than Sims 2.
  • Options
    I haven't got the slightest clue what you do though, plus I figured I would be a little sad to buy extra GB just to play a game. If I had a friend who knew lots about PC's I would probably consider it, but I don't :grump:

If your that worried about it, let the website do it for you :)

http://www.crucial.com/uk/

Choose Scan my system :)
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    If your that worried about it, let the website do it for you :)

http://www.crucial.com/uk/

Choose Scan my system :)

I've done that before, I think it said it was something like £16 to upgrade more RAM but does it like send you stuff in the post or do you download it? :confused:
  • Options
    Daww :P

No, basicaly they send you something that looks like this...

http://www.dansdata.com/images/newbox/crucial440.jpg

Then you just slot it inside your computer and hey presto!
  • Options
    I still haven't played Sims 2. Well I did for about 4 hours, but I got annoyed because my computer at the time was so crap it wouldn't play properly without immense grapic lag. A friend told me about Sims 3 coming out, but I wouldn't buy the Sims, if you know what I mean. The only Sims game I actually bought was Sims 1. But none of the expansions.
  • Options
    Where do you live? Just like get someone to do it for you :)
  • Options
    Last night the boyfriend gave me his old motherboard and processor and stuff and for valentines he is giving me a new video card (he's a bit of a geek and I get computer stuff for all gift giving holidays :p) So the new sims will play just amazingly :D
  • Options
    I've done that before, I think it said it was something like £16 to upgrade more RAM but does it like send you stuff in the post or do you download it? :confused:

RAM is physical m'dear. They look like circuit boards. You can't 'download' them :-)
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    I still haven't played Sims 2. Well I did for about 4 hours, but I got annoyed because my computer at the time was so crap it wouldn't play properly without immense grapic lag. A friend told me about Sims 3 coming out, but I wouldn't buy the Sims, if you know what I mean. The only Sims game I actually bought was Sims 1. But none of the expansions.

Pirrratteee :o

I'm currently playing the Sims 2 till Sims 3 comes out, I've got a nice little family with a dog :D

I didn't know the old men could still work the magic with a adult...
  • Options
    Pirrratteee :o

I'm currently playing the Sims 2 till Sims 3 comes out, I've got a nice little family with a dog :D

I didn't know the old men could still work the magic with a adult...
    Really? I always get chemistry with old ladies I'm just trying to make my husband make friends with. Gah.
  • Options
    Sounds like your into swingers ;)

Ugh! I was running on my laptops battery and Vista decided to put it to sleep because the battery was low! Then when you resume from sleep the game has crashed!!
  • Options
    CoolMe - funny that you mention about gaming and PC-sleep.

3 years ago when was new to WoW, I was playing one of their dungeons one night. In mid-fight, I accidently hit the sleep key on my keyboard. The computer of course went to sleep. I hit the power key and within 10 seconds, I was back in the dungeon fight. None of the other players in the dungeon noticed it :-D
  • Options
    :o I'm glad it works for some people! It's terriable! There's no sound warning or anything! Speaking of warning... *goes into settings*
  • Options
    Why isn't it coming out till June now? :( I'm behind the times and just found out :(
  • Options
    Daww :P

No, basicaly they send you something that looks like this...

http://www.dansdata.com/images/newbox/crucial440.jpg

Then you just slot it inside your computer and hey presto!

If I took the plunge and did buy more RAM for my computer would the game then definitely work?

The system requirements are:

*Vista (Service Pack 1)
    Processor: Pentium IV 2.4 GHz / Athlon XP 2400+
    Memory: 1.5 GB
    Graphics: GeForce FX 5900 / Radeon 9500
    Graphics Ram: 128 MB

I have Vista and my computer has the following:

Model: Aspire T180
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.20 GHz
    Memory (RAM): 767 MB
    System Type: 32-Bit Operating System

Also, apart from allowing the Sims 3 to possibly play, what else are the benefits of having more RAM, does it make the PC faster or anything?

As you can tell I don't know much about computers but your reply will be much appreciated :)
  • Options
    Yeah it should make it a hell of alot faster. When you do the scan it shows you the max amount of memory that you computer can hold and a little graph to show you the performance increase :)

Your specs seam fine, but I'd get some more ram to be on the safe side :)