Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

too young....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So my problem is age. Why can't I find a woman closer to my own age. 34?

Ever since I was about 28 I've only had interest from women aged about 19. 20 or 21. In those days it wasn't so bad and I know they say age is just a number it's making me wonder is it something I'm doing wrong? Ok I consider myself to be a youthful (not immature) 34 and my last lady was a mature 20 but really, what's going on?

Don't get me wrong I've met some great women of around that age but it's never worked. I want to settle down now - they never do.

Comments

• Options
    Hi there aww u wil find someone i been 'settled down'since 16+im 24 now had mgage since 18 partner 8yr+6mth im very mature 4 my age always have been sensible head on my shoulders ha ha
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong I've met some great women of around that age but it's never worked. I want to settle down now - they never do.

I know plenty of girls who wanted to settle down quite soon after uni, so I don't think it's an age thing. They had usually been going out with someone for a while first though. How are you going about it? Most people don't want to settle down until they've been going out with someone for a while and then realise they either see a future with that person or not.
  • Options
    I was with my fela 3mth then moved in with was 16 stik together now 8yr 6mth on living together 8yr+3mth !
  • Options
    Aj fan wrote: »
    Hi there aww u wil find someone i been 'settled down'since 16+im 24 now had mgage since 18 partner 8yr+6mth im very mature 4 my age always have been sensible head on my shoulders ha ha

wll @s matrue+as possble while typng liek a 8yr+3mths old whos_onIntrnat for liek 1+st tiem 2mths, ha ha ha.

@OP: dunno, maybe you think you've missed out at something while you've been 20? You still want to do all the partying and uni relationship stuff? Unfortunately you are not 20 anymore and I think girls with 19 or 20 years seem fine at the first glance but become kind of boring for you after some time as they are in such a different phase of life. It might just be that you haven't found a cool 30+ lass yet. Just don't rule anyone out because of age.

I guess it's the physical appearance that attracts you, but as you can quite clearly see, there is a conflict in interest. I doubt more than 2% of the 20 year old girls want to settle down in their age. That should maybe ring a bell. What you want is a cucumber, but you are in the capsicum store and keep choosing there..

... excuse the dumb analogy, but maybe you know what i mean.
  • Options
    Hi strubbles i got internet on phone not got a laptop i dont have time write everything out to the letteq otherwise i get disconnected:yes: +can not submit my comments
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    What you want is a cucumber, but you are in the capsicum store and keep choosing there..

I fully support this bizarre but actually totally appropriate analogy. :yes:

What is it about the younger women that you like? Might they be qualities that you could find in people nearer your age? Cause at the moment you seem to be looking for two factors that are kinda at odds with each other. I'm sure if you looked for long enough you'd find a youngster who ticked all your boxes and was also ready to settle down, but you aren't half minimising your chances.
  • Options
    Hi strubbles i got internet on phone not got a laptop i dont have time write everything out to the letteq otherwise i get disconnected:yes: +can not submit my comments

If you write like this, it's already 90% perfect.

I'm by god no monk (not the religious type, but the OCD TV series type), but text talk is something that annoys a whole lot of people and I can't really explain why, because I could just skip your posts, but maybe I want to understand what other people contribute too, without needing to read the post 4 times (no exaggeration).
  • Options
    Strubbles i'm sorry to have clearly offended you and i will try not to text talk in future posts :yes:
  • Options
    Strubbles i'm sorry to have clearly offended you and i will try not to text talk in future posts :yes:

lol, now i feel like an asshole.

It's aight, thanks.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    lol, now i feel like an asshole.

It's aight, thanks.

I didn't mean to make you feel that way sorry thank you for your opinion's it much appricated and taken on board and look no text talk too :wave: :heart:
  • Options
    ArcticFox wrote: »
    One of my next door neighbour was 14 when she met an older guy, I think he was 28, but not sure. They had a kid!!!!

Glenn your not the only one who likes younger women!

Hang in there and I'm sure you'll find someone who is older.

well, coming from a country that is not THAT much stuck up with that ol' age stuff and a lower age of consent, I still think that this is pretty wrong. Of course you can never know the single exceptions, but having a kid with a 14 year old with 28 (if that's the age they got the kid) sounds edgy. She's in an age developing tits and he probably writing his dissertation (just an example).