Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fancy a little run?

C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
Hello everyone :wave:

YouthNet (the charity that runs TheSite.org) has 5 places for the Bath Half Marathon that's taking place on 15 March.

If you’re interested in taking part and raising a bit of money for a brilliant charity then have a look here. I'm sure Franki and Clementine_the_tangerine will tell you what a fantastic time they had running our last half marathon in London's Royal Parks.

There are contact details on the page or feel free to ask any questions here and I can try and find the answers.

:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    C Funk wrote: »
    I'm sure Franki and Clementine_the_tangerine will tell you what a fantastic time they had running our last half marathon in London's Royal Parks.
    You mean before or after I lost the ability to walk :p?
  • Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    You mean before or after I lost the ability to walk ?

I'm sure Franki and Clementine_the_tangerine will tell you the best recovery methods after taking part in the marathon.
  • Options
    Interesting... verrrrrry interesting. Maybe. I'll have a think.
  • Options
    i'm interested,
    registed my interest as well
    need to get a hell of alot of fitness before i did it
  • Options
    forgot to write this
    how long is the half marthon, just so i can work out how fit i need to get if i'm going to do it, which i defintly want to do
  • Options
    erk, I'm busy on the 15th march, sorry!
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    forgot to write this
    how long is the half marthon, just so i can work out how fit i need to get if i'm going to do it, which i defintly want to do

13.1 miles.
  • Options
    oh dear, i'm gonna need to get fitter if i'm gonna do it, i want to do it but i just screwed my knee up at hockey tonight, so i'll have to see what i've done to it at the weekend :(
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    oh dear, i'm gonna need to get fitter if i'm gonna do it, i want to do it but i just screwed my knee up at hockey tonight, so i'll have to see what i've done to it at the weekend :(
    Don't worry, we walked it last time because we were reeeeeeally unfit. BUT if you've screwed your knee I would say give it a miss and maybe try for the Royal Parks Half Marathon in October instead :).
  • Options
    It was allll worth it in the end :) GO DO IT.
  • Options
    luc_bluc_b Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    Hello

Good advice above from a half marathon pro!

Just to let you know that there are still some places in the Bath Half Marathon. If you're not keen, then please do pass the message on to any friends or family who you think may want to take up the challenge and raise money for a fantastic cause - the charity behind TheSite.org!

If March seems a bit soon to put yourself through 13.1 miles, we've got loads of runs/triathlons spanning the UK this year. Take a look here for more info.

Please shout with any questions.
  • Options
    I'll talk to some folk, I might (*might*) be able to do a shorter run this year. I'm trying to build myself up to doing charity runs...
  • Options
    luc_bluc_b Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    Cheers piccolo - it would be great to get some of TheSite users on board.

I work at YouthNet by the way (you probably guessed), the charity behind TheSite.org - I may be lured into the British 10K London Run in July myself...
  • Options
    I'll do it if somebody treats me to the flight there ;)

and a defibulator on hand