Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

psychoanalysis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has anyone had lots of this and been on a long term therapy program with it?

this is basically my last stop saloon for treating my PTSD before they tell me i'm incurable or decide that there is no other option but drugs...or something worse...

I went for one session last week but i was having an allergic reaction to my medication, and thus just remember feeling very sick...

what should i be expecting?

and also, although its not provided by the NHS, i'm really worried that i'm gonna get a new diagnosis of borderling personality disorder...thus meaning i'm probably untreatable...

any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    well, i thought i'd just update this a little...

the session was great, never long enough, but surely much better to deal with a small amount in detail, seeing as i've not got a limit on the number of sessions i can have. I'm not gonna talk about the content, but it was really good, and it made me make so much sense of some of my behaviours. Its making me feel sane! I don't feel like i'm having abnormal reactions to somethings now.

ok its early days, but i think i've finally found something that might be able to "cure" my mental health issues...its taken 8 years but i'm finally there!
  • Options
    Hi Twisted Trinity,
    Great to hear session went well! :thumb:
    Cheers for update, I'm sure other users will appreciate hearing your experiences and be inspired!
    Keep posting :)
  • Options
    ive seen a few different psycs and done a bit of a few different types of therapy.

no session is never long enough. Glad it went well for you and you feel you can talk to them. It may have taken ages to get here but it seems like you are at the start of a very long road.i hope it goes well and that you get a lot out of it, dont forget to look at the little things that change - i suppose eventually you look back and go wow, thats a huge change it just take a while.

good luck