Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

When was the last time you phone 999

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
And who did you require?

Thankyou

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I've never dialled 999. The last time I phoned the police was to report a small fire in the park opposite us which was set alight by some youths who thought it was hilarious. They sent the fire brigade.
  • Options
    4 o clock new years day, called the police, some drugged up twat trying to brake into my block
  • Options
    Erm when we were burgled a while back. Police took about 2 hours to come, but in all fairness it wasnt the biggest of crimes in the whole world.
  • Options
    I've never had to, thankfully, and if I'm honest my fear of phones is bad enough that I'm not sure if I would be able to if I needed to :(.

Last time I thought I might have to though was when Rich was really ill and I was going to call an ambulance. But he convinced me not to (even when he collapsed the next morning - but he went to the doctor). Turned out he had viral pneumonia.
  • Options
    I've never had to
  • Options
    Back in 2004, when I attempted suicide. Not a pleasant episode.
  • Options
    I rang an ambulance at work for a lady who was having a bad asthma attack in store. I was all panicky, I kept stuttering my words, i dont think im very good in times of stress..hmm. Thankfully she was okay though. I don't think i've ever rang it any other time.
  • Options
    A couple of years ago I guess - I was walking down Upper Street at about midnight, surrounded by other people and came across a guy face down on street bleeding from his head. Everyone else was walking past so I called 999 and with a couple of other guys did what we could whilst waiting for the police and ambulance to turn up.

Guess it was about a 30/40 minute wait.
  • Options
    Ambulance 24aug06 was in labour came within 3mins got to hosp within a minute +had my daughter 30seconds later!very very quick labour hadnt of been so quick would had her at home or back of ambulance other time was 6yr ago first daughter suspected menigtius brilliant emergency services here :yes:
  • Options
    When i crashed my car, i told her it wasnt that bad an emergency and nobody was hurt and she told me to call the local police station if it was not an emergency and not to waste the time of the emergency services and the bitch hung up on me :yeees:

There not being a number for the police station anywhere to hand we pushed the car to the scrap yard a mile away, left 20 quid under the wiper and a thank you note written in sauce with a mcdonalds chip on the windscreen and left the road sign i totalled at the road side, even got a bit in the local paper about hit and run ^^
  • Options
    Only ever had to phone twice, both times was to the fire brigade cos idiots think it is fun to set cars and bins alight :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i have called the emergency services so many times, that i can't remember how many times ive called them and what the reason for the last call was :( i was probably 16 though when i made the last call.
  • Options
    About a year and a half ago, phoned for an ambulance because my nan had collapsed.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    When I got stabbed just over a year ago.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    In 2004, I'd put some oil in a pan to start cooking curry, someone distracted me, pan went up in flames, so I called the fire brigade. We had a fire blanket, but weren't sure if it was out or not or what to do with it, so some nice big firemen came to our house to take it outside for us :yum:
    anyway, nice and hunky as they were, I don't think I'll be doing that again in a hurry :no:
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I've never had to, thankfully, and if I'm honest my fear of phones is bad enough that I'm not sure if I would be able to if I needed to :(.

Last time I thought I might have to though was when Rich was really ill and I was going to call an ambulance. But he convinced me not to (even when he collapsed the next morning - but he went to the doctor). Turned out he had viral pneumonia.

dicing with death there
  • Options
    last house party i had .. crazy boy i know ended up down with a 10 inch kitchen knife goin bananas over a shoe (long story) .. would have prefered to opt for a bit of vigilante justice if it wasnt my own house!!

some craic explainin the 4 police cars with lights and sirens on all over the street at 4am to my ma the next day... :shocking:
  • Options
    when some guy was beating up a woman outside my front room window a few years back when i lived next to a pub
  • Options
    Never had to thankfully.
  • Options
    2 years ago when a boy I was working with was locked in his room by his dad.
  • Options
    When i crashed my car, i told her it wasnt that bad an emergency and nobody was hurt and she told me to call the local police station if it was not an emergency and not to waste the time of the emergency services and the bitch hung up on me :yeees:

Thats funny (of course not ha ha funny, and glad it wasn't bad and nobody was hurt :)), my boyfriend had the exact opposite experience. In our neighborhood if you park the car on the street overnight you have to let the police know so they don't ticket you. He called the police station and was told to call 911 :eek2:

I've never called them myself but I have been the reason a few times (2 car accidents and once my car's windshield got smashed in)
  • Options
    In about 2002/3 when some twats had set fire to a car outside the flat we were living in.
  • Options
    Thats funny (of course not ha ha funny, and glad it wasn't bad and nobody was hurt :)), my boyfriend had the exact opposite experience. In our neighborhood if you park the car on the street overnight you have to let the police know so they don't ticket you. He called the police station and was told to call 911 :eek2:

I've never called them myself but I have been the reason a few times (2 car accidents and once my car's windshield got smashed in)

I guess 911 people listen to the callers instead of just hanging up when they are not given exact instructions on what they need to do.
  • Options
    Couple of years ago when my old mini decided just to STOP in the middle lane of the M25 during rush hour and I couldn't get out the car or do anything. Of course the traffic wombles are never close by when you need them though and knowing my luck they probably didn't even put it up on a sign until 3pm the next afternoon when I wasn't there anymore. After sitting there for about 20 minutes waiting for someone to come and rescue me, two lorry drivers stopped (blocking up two lanes) and pushed me over to the hard shoulder.
  • Options
    Last time i phoned 999 was when i got my first mobile n some kid punched me coz i threw a jelly baby at his bike wheel n i called the cops
    lol.
  • Options
    I didn't actually call, but i spoke to the woman in the call center. Was in 2006 when my bf at the time and i were staying in a hotel, he'd been throwing up all night and by the next morning was in agony. So 5am i went down to reception to ask for the phone, (despite my bf telling me he didn't need to go to the hospital) the guy called for me and then passed the phone over to me. 5 minutes later the ambulance was there - it wasn't really a dire emergency but i couldn't drive at the time and we couldn't use a taxi incase he was sick. Turned out to be apendicitis and he had the op a day later. Good job i made him go :p The hotel people were nice and didn't charge us for the second night either.
  • Options
    When I was working at a pool, was handed a 18 month yr old who was that healthy shade of blue from proper hypothermia. Daft mum had taken her in the main pool for ages, then the learner one, and then faffed for ages in the changing room and didn't notice anything was wrong until the poor kid was barely conscious and blue.

We got the biker paramedic out followed by a proper ambulance. The biker was awesome and got there pretty quickly although didn't actually do anything. By the time he came in I had the kid up my top with blankets round the both of us and she was with it again and a much more healthy colour. He checked us both over without taken the blankets off and then waited for the van to arrive.

Lots of flashing lights that day and all were fine in the end.
  • Options
    Just before Christmas. Some kid stole a car, crashed it into my neighbours garden. total wipeout, car flipped, rolled across the road, then bam, in the garden.

They came fast too. About 2 mins, 4/5 police vans aswell. Inc. the police dogs. I was surprised they brought so many.

The time before that was when my neighbour (not the one named above) started strangelling my brother agaisn't the wall... my brother at the time was 15, and the neighbour was roughly 38. No surprise though, the police never came out, all cases were dropped, and he once again got let off with it.
  • Options
    Last time i phoned 999 was when i got my first mobile n some kid punched me coz i threw a jelly baby at his bike wheel n i called the cops
    lol.

You shouldn't have thrown a jelly baby at his bike! :p
  • Options
    Never had to.