Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lost my mojo

Yeah.

For the last, say, two months, I've had zero desire to do...anything. If I don't have to go out to work, I'll just sit on the couch doing nothing.

I have no motivation to write, do audio stuff, go out with my friends, do any of the projects I have planned...even sex seems totally blaarggh to me.

I can't even be arsed trying to be funny anymore. And that's pretty much all I have :o

Bleh, this sounds like depression :(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is there anything in particular thats been making you feel that way or pulling you down man?

It does sound like you're having a rough time of it, especially if finding it hard to do or enjoy anything.

I don't suppose you've ever felt this way before?
  • Options
    I don't know to be honest.

I mean, working for a bank just now is pretty stressful, as is the general lack of progress towards a writing gig. I guess that explains why I have no motivation for work.

A lot of it seems to be "why fucking bother, it'll be a disaster", which is obviously a confidence thing.

Maybe that's it. The whole lack of self esteem thing. But that doesn't explain why I get no joy from things. I'm going to the doctors on Friday to see what help I can get.
  • Options
    You might want to take a look at Mood Gym, if you've never seen it. It's a pretty interesting attempt by an Australian health organisation to help people understand and try out some of the prinicpals of CBT therapy.

It's certainly a form of therapy that can have some really positive results around self-esteem, stress and motivation - anyway, it's winning no awards for usability but well worth a gander.

And hope it goes well on Friday man, sure you'll find there's plenty available to help.