Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Need help with a shirt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys.

I'm going to a funeral tomorrow, I've got my shirt picked out (slightly off white - kind of magnolia I guess magnolia.gif - is that ok?) and trying to get hold of a tie. Problem is shirt has bits of fluff and hair on. It's clean otherwise, what's the best way to get the hair off? Or should I throw it in a quick wash now? (tho I don't think I'll get it dry in time)

Thanks guys,
Rich

Comments

• Options
    Get a lint removing roller from a shop like Tesco.

Otherwise, wrap selloptape around your hand sticky-side-out and prod the shirt lots of times. You'll go through a fair bit of tape, though.
  • Options
    The other option is for me to wear a smart pale blue shirt I've got, but I don't know if that's necessarily appropriate. I've asked my friend if there is any particular way she wants us to dress and she said most people are coming in suits but it's up to me. (like on the colour and whatever)
  • Options
    Why will it not dry in time? just bung it on a radiator? Or dry it with a hairdryer. Should be sorted in plenty of time!
  • Options
    okie dokie! I am just used to tumble drying so was under the impression air drying took an age and a half...
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    a shirt shouldnt take long to dry at all. Hang it on a hanger to dry and it should need less ironing.

Sorry to hear its for a funeral though hun x
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    a shirt shouldnt take long to dry at all. Hang it on a hanger to dry and it should need less ironing.

Sorry to hear its for a funeral though hun x

Thanks for the sympathies. I've been a bit up and down about it, it was one of my very closest friends brothers. We used to date about 5 years ago so I knew him quite well.

Been polishing my shoes with furniture polish as well, whilst multi tasking and writing an essay on the failures of corporate governance in china in particular the expropriation of assets and finance by principal shareholders.