Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Battlestar Galactica returns - spoilers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
... and opens yet more questions about who are the Cylons.

:yippe:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    SPOILERS FOLLOW. And also the entire thread, so don't read if you're not up-to-date!

Saw it too.
    What annoys me more about BSG is that nobody asks some of the most obvious questions.

-Bill, I'm a Cylon.
    -Oh. Instead of asking how that's possible, given that I've known you from before human-like Cylons existed (as far as we know), I'll just get mad you didn't tell me earlier.

-The 13th tribe were Cylons.
    -I see. Instead of saying that in that case they can't have been created by the robots we created, we'll just get mad that they weren't human.
  • Options
    great stuff - great to have it back :thumb:
  • Options
    Spoiler

I thought when Starbuck found her own body she was the Cylon, but the end seems to show it's not or is that another red herring?

I'm wondering if this BG is a Shaggy God story where Adama and Seven turn out to be Adam and Eve....
  • Options
    What seven? There is no seven... :p
    Why numbers skip from 6 to 8 is a question that I hope gets answered.
  • Options
    Sol's wife was the unknown cylon?
  • Options
    I wonder what it will say in the beginning now.
    "FOUR LIVE IN THE FLEET ... ONE IS DEAD" ?
  • Options
    What seven? There is no seven... :p
    Why numbers skip from 6 to 8 is a question that I hope gets answered.

My theory is it just means the new Cylon's don't know their numbers yet
  • Options
    And if Starbuck isn't the Cylon - who the hell did they find in her Viper?
  • Options
    And if Starbuck isn't the Cylon - who the hell did they find in her Viper?

My theory is it's something to do with time travel or somethin along those lines. Haven't worked out exactly what yet tho.
  • Options
    My theory is it just means the new Cylon's don't know their numbers yet
    Someone involved with the series has said that the "final 5" are "fundamentally different" and so they don't have model numbers.
    There really is no 7, unless there's more than 12.
  • Options
    Gaeta! He is leading the revolution for Zarek? Thats believable but so crazy! i want him to get shot in the head by Adama or Starbuck now!

And how callous about life are Gaeta's people? The way they just murdered the Deck Chief from Pegasus and were like, "serves him right for being up Adama's ass so much!" WHAT?

I hope Gaeta gets a public execution, Lee puts a bullet in Zareks head infront of the Quarum of Twelve and then the rest get blown out an airlock, yeah, serve them right for all that shizzle they are doing, yeah!

Just got season 4 box set part 1 on dvd :D

Best show on TV... maybe!
  • Options
    What a brilliant episode - but are we going to see seven? I can't imagine they're just going to mention him and let it go...
  • Options
    Stunning stuff - between this and The Shield it may be a damn close race for 'best end to a TV show evar'. The cylon perspective, and especially that of John, still continues to surprise and intrigue even after four series - and the reference to 'the colony' and Daniel should make for an even more interesting conclusion.

Of course Daniel might not pay off in this series - though Caprica is set too far back to be relevant isn't it? If I remember rightly that's about the creation of the original cylons.
  • Options
    Kara's husband (I can't believe I can't think of his name now -is it Sam?) said something that I didn't quite get.
    Something like "We all saw a herald, I saw a woman, you saw a man". Was that part of his "word salad" or did it have some meaning I didn't get (or wasn't supposed to get)?
  • Options
    Thought this would happen with the Daniel comments - SciFi have announced a new two-hour movie set after the events of Caprica and up to and including the aftermath of attack on the colonies. Here's the bumpf -
    Starting before the events of the miniseries, our story focuses on familiar characters including Cylon No. 1, known as Cavil (Dean Stockwell), resistance leader Sam T. Anders (Michael Trucco) and Chief Galen Tyrol (Aaron Douglas). In the beginning, the Cylons had a plan, but it didn't account for one thing: survivors. During the chaotic aftermath of the destruction, two powerful Cylon agents struggle with plots and priorities on the human ships that got away, and among the resistance fighters who were left behind

Interesting to include Galen - I'm guessing that's got to be prior the mind wipe - either that of using the Razor style of flashing back from current event in the fleet. It's directed by Olmos, who will appear apparently.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Stunning stuff - between this and The Shield it may be a damn close race for 'best end to a TV show evar'. The cylon perspective, and especially that of John, still continues to surprise and intrigue even after four series - and the reference to 'the colony' and Daniel should make for an even more interesting conclusion.

Of course Daniel might not pay off in this series - though Caprica is set too far back to be relevant isn't it? If I remember rightly that's about the creation of the original cylons.

I downloaded the Shield a bit ago - all I can say is that if BSG's ending is a good it'll be a cracker
  • Options
    I downloaded the Shield a bit ago - all I can say is that if BSG's ending is a good it'll be a cracker

I know - that confession was one of the most blood-curdling, hair on end moments I've ever seen
  • Options
    Have you seen the last episode yet? The ending of the Shane storyline had my wife nearly breaking my arm she was gripping it so hard
  • Options
    Oh yeah man, I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to use the phrase 'family meeting' again :( - don't think I've ever seen a season just full-on throw itself into complete emotional and social collapse the way the final series did.

Interesting point - Clark Johnson who acted as Meldrick in Homicide: Life on the Streets and appears as the agent at the end with the family had a greatly under-appreciated influence in the modern cop show.

He directed the first and last episodes of The Shield
    He stars in the final series of The Wire (as the newspaper editor)
    He directed the first and last episode of The Wire
    He appeared in 122 episodes of Homicide
    He's directed episodes of Law and Order: SVU, The West Wing, even NYPD Blue.

Seriously man, when you watch some of the greatest TV seen for decades - he's one of the real talents responsible.

clarkjohnson.jpg
  • Options
    What happened to that Bonanza Guy?

What happened to that Bonanza Guy, you know - Little joe's Dad? Is he coming Back as... I don't know as what, but is he even alive?
  • Options
    Have you seen the last episode yet? The ending of the Shane storyline had my wife nearly breaking my arm she was gripping it so hard

What? I thought we were only up to episode 15 with the surgery?
  • Options
    I just remembered a scene from sometime before which was triply ironic (not sure "ironic" is the right word though).

Galen was worried he might be a cylon and asked a priest for advice. The priest told him he's not a cylon, Galen said "How do you know?" and the priest replied sarcastically "Because I'm a cylon and I've never seen you in our weekly meetings!"

Then we find out that the priest is a cylon.
    Then we find out that Galen is a cylon.
    Then we find out that the priest knew that Galen is a cylon. :D
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    What? I thought we were only up to episode 15 with the surgery?

Downloaded
  • Options
    Downloaded

Thing is even wikipedia said epipsode 16 (18 if you count razer as episodes 1 and 2, but I don't) hadn't aired yet so don't know where you it from heh. Should be out now though, aired last night.
  • Options
    We were talking about the last episode of The Shield not BSG shyboy, sorry for the confusion
  • Options
    I have a theory... (Don't read ahead if you've not seen the 17th episode).

Perhaps one of the Daniels did survive, and was Kara's dad (Ellen did say he was an artist). He remembered Sam playing the song and played it for Kara, who's actually half-cylon. Maybe this sort of explains how she was "resurrected", although even if half-cylons can resurrect someone must have found her!
  • Options
    Well we know in the Cavil/Ellen episode that there's a 'colony' out there somewhere - which could have been where she was resurrected.

If she is Daniel's child it explains a huge amount about the relationship of the Cylons with her, and her visions and dreams - not to mention the 'projection' with her father.

I'd be really, really surprised if you weren't totally spot on.

Another thing - Cavil had mind-wiped the final 5, it makes sense that Daniel would know this and as a musician would pick music as the trigger for breaking the wipe...
  • Options
    Well, Baltar is having "projections" too and I think we can be pretty sure he's not a cylon, so projections aren't necessarily a sign.
    The general theory among fans seem to be that it's the same "being" that manifests as Baltar's internal six, Caprica's internal Baltar, Kara's internal Leoben etc so it might be her father too.
  • Options
    Final episode this week, apparently it's 2 hours long.

I'm getting worried that they might not be planning on answering everything... That would totally ruin it for me!
  • Options
    Just a few hours to go...

*crosses fingers*
    please be good
    please be good
    please be good