Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A bit worried and lonely.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For 8 months now I've been living with a mate of mine and we get along well, do things together etc. We've had our arguments then hugged and made up etc.
But I've found myself developing deeper feelings for him and I'm getting worried and at the same time heartbroken.
I'd always thought I was completely straight but im not so convinced now.
He's just got into a relationship with a woman and for some reason it hurts me. I'm worried I might actually be in love with him. He's done a lot for me by way of helping out when I've been out of work and been there for me when a very close member of my family died.

I'm not sure if I actually love him or if I'm just feeling very lonely as I've not had a relationship for 18 months now.

I dont know what I should do.

Comments

• Options
    It sounds like you've got a really good friend and you've both become close and are there for each other, which is a really nice thing to have. It might just be that you're too dependent on him and that's why you're feeling a bit jealous/heartbroken now he has a girlfriend.

Do you have any other friends that you could spend time with?
  • Options
    Unless you are sure that he wouldn't be freaked out by your advances, there is not much you can do.

A lot of us fall for the 'unobtainable' so the quicker you realise the futility of your infatuation, the better it will be.

I have been in the same place as you before so I know that it USUALLY just leads to heartache. *hugs*
  • Options
    Sometimes when you become really close to someone especially who you live with you find yourself doing most of the things you would find in a relationship, however when your mate starts having a relationship with someone you see him doing these things with someone else and i guess not as much you, it could lead to you feeling like you want to be in a relationship to get the same closeness.
    at the risk of stating the obvious talking to someone could help maybe being close to someone else will fill the 'void'
    The important thing is not to risk the friendship unless you are absolutly sure of your feelings
    hope this helps dude
  • Options
    I'm also worried that if things get more serious with him and her he will want me to move out.