Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whats a rebound relationship?

Can anybody tell me what one is?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When you get into a relationship soon after one has ended.
  • Options
    When u finished with someone +just go on to the next person straightaway whether you want to or not that my idea neway
  • Options
    They go out with somebody else coz theyre scared of singledom?/
  • Options
    Basically, just stay away.
  • Options
    I wanna know what one is
    what are the signs of one?
    how can i tell if it is?
    Its my situation..my ex best mates all for going out with her hes always throwin signs smiling nudging etc.

Shes been upset or looekd it recently? does tat mean shes not over it? or maybe its too soon?
  • Options
    I wanna know what one is
    how can i tell if it is?
    Its my situation..my ex best mates all for going out with her hes always throwin signs smiling nudging etc.

Shes been upset or looekd it recently? does tat mean shes not over it? or maybe its too soon?

Think you hit it on the head. If she hasn't hooked up with you ex mate yet she's either not over you or its to soon for her to date again. Can't really saw which one though. And she can't be in a rebound relationship if she isn't with anyone else, right.
  • Options
    I wanna know what one is
    how can i tell if it is?

I think you need to take a step back, as hard as it is, step back from your exes life. It sounds harsh (and it is) but your not going out with each other anymore.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    I think you need to take a step back, as hard as it is, step back from your exes life. It sounds harsh (and it is) but your not going out with each other anymore.

yeh i know ive 'stepped back' but i was wondering if it is or not becoz my ex best mate he jumped straight into my grave basically.
  • Options
    If he does/has, then yes its going to a hurt a little, but its out of your hands and her decision.

By asking if its a rebound relationship, its almost as if your hoping its not going to work out or something.

If she does want you back or something in the future, that again is going to be her decision too.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I fully agree with MrG, but it's probably good for you to understand what a rebound relationship is anyway.

It sounds like you're experiencing a lot of the common feelings related to break-ups - rejection being one of the most painful. You asked in another thread how you'll know when you're over her - one of the sure signs is that you're not concerned if you were to see her fooling around with another guy. You'll get there - really you will. *hugs*
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    I fully agree with MrG, but it's probably good for you to understand what a rebound relationship is anyway.

It sounds like you're experiencing a lot of the common feelings related to break-ups - rejection being one of the most painful. You asked in another thread how you'll know when you're over her - one of the sure signs is that you're not concerned if you were to see her fooling around with another guy. You'll get there - really you will. *hugs*

:yes:
  • Options
    Apart from the possibility of seeming a little blunt (as per usual), I dont know what has come over me. I seem to be dishing out some at least half sensible advice as of late!
  • Options
    Yeah but what i figured today

my ex best mate and my ex are going out now and today i felt all angry my heart was racing and i was thinking to myself "what a fucking twat how could he do that to me?".Right and them 2 and my ex's best friend are all like best mates together..the female best friend has been off all week ill so when she gets back in my own..sick way im hoping she drives wedges in between them because its not very fair on me for him to jump in my grave as soon as me and her broke up. Is that normal? I also heard that him and a friend of mine who i hang with sometimes were talking about it a few days ago and apparently my ex best mate was talking bout asking her out. and said summit like "I'm scared when we eventually start to have sex" hes talking bout that before they even went out? does that mean he only wants that i dont think he does but why else would you say that..?

Ive spoken to my close friends n they reckon it will go wrong OR they will get wedges in between them

Thanks Helen for the e-hug :)
  • Options
    Dont have any part in having wedges put between them. Otherwise she's going to hate you for ages and ages.

Its not fair or nice what your old best mate has done, but its not your relationship its his and your exes!

If you continue to be intrustive into this, its going to make you look like a lost puppy that doesnt want to give up on something that has moved on. As others have said, if she does want you back in the end, or if things dont work out with her and this new guy then fair enough, but dont get involved!
  • Options
    Dont have any part in having wedges put between them. Otherwise she's going to hate you for ages and ages.

Its not fair or nice what your old best mate has done, but its not your relationship its his and your exes!

Im not going to have any part i dont want to be involved but its sort of to do with me though still because deep down i do have feelings for her and i dont want to god damn it!

Her best friend is like that its happened so many times in the past. Personally i think them 2 will tell her best friend to fuckoff tbh and then she'll have nobody.

End of the day i highly dislike all 3 of them now.

Im probly thinking too far ahead but i just cant wait to get to college and find a girl who will fucking love ME for who i am not for who they want me to be. right?
  • Options
    Im not going to have any part i dont want to be involved but its sort of to do with me though still because deep down i do have feelings for her and i dont want to god damn it!

Your feelings are to do with you yes, but what goes on in her life is no longer to do with you, is the point im trying to get across :)
  • Options
    Your feelings are to do with you yes, but what goes on in her life is no longer to do with you, is the point im trying to get across :)

Yeah i know its nothing to do with me anymore but it does in a way that it could be a rebound? alot of my friends think so and i do to because about? 3 days ago she even said to one of my firends she isnt ready n its too soon and hes more of a friend type? and what happens? theyre going out now it makes no sense.
  • Options
    even if it is a rebound relationship, still doesnt mean it has anything to do with you at all. Its her relationship, not yours. Yeah shes your ex, but the operative word in that is shes the "ex" not the "current" gf.
  • Options
    ........and when you realise that, you'll know you are over her. :)

On a slight plus note, this guy that you used to consider your friend, you now know how trustworthy a friend he really is.
  • Options
    I know it hasnt got anything to do with me..but i FEEL like i do because he WAS my best friend and she WAS MY GIRL ad its sickening for him to just take her off me in a way =/

It sounds harsh but i hope it all goes wrong because theyve hurt me so bad tbh ive been pissed for ages and they deserve it.

I dont know what she see's in him though im not saying im better but he doesnt do well at school; he shows off all the time; has no experience with girls. Im not too sure. =/

PLUS he's thinking about sex with her already..
  • Options
    To be fair, he didnt really take her off you though did he?

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showpost.php?p=2205178&postcount=3

I think the too much PC time, is a bit to blame. Plus whatever may be true about her friends, talking about one of them in the way you did, really does sound like your clutching at straws. She obviously wont read all of this thread, but if she did, would she not think you were begining to sound a bit desperate.

Youve only been broke up a couple of weeks now or something yeah? All this random feelings of betrayal and lonliness will subside, you just have to give it time!

I also hate saying this, as a few people in here find it patronising and offensive, but your only 15, im not going to say you will have bigger things to worry about when you get older. But theres much more to life out there, get out there and keep yourself occupied, live life etc, dont get stuck up on someone who has moved on. Enjoy yourself for being yourself rather than moping over someone who obviously isnt good enough for you :)
  • Options
    To be fair, he didnt really take her off you though did he?

Well..in a way i think because yeh she broke up with me and she was like were going on a BREAK and she overly emphasised that and i was best mates with him at teh time and i was like yeh im gonna try to get her back but i think hes like..been charming and drove her away from me slightly.
  • Options
    im not surprised youre hurt over this. WHo wouldnt be. I think your friend is really out of order.

I dont know if the relationship is rebound or not, but your friend is definitely behaving like a tosser
  • Options
    Well..in a way i think because yeh she broke up with me and she was like were going on a BREAK and she overly emphasised that and i was best mates with him at teh time and i was like yeh im gonna try to get her back but i think hes like..been charming and drove her away from me slightly.

Now you could be getting yourself into dangerous "paranoid" territory now! Nobody disagrees that your ex, and your old best friend have been a bit heartless about this. But you need to move on.

You said yourself part of the reason you two broke up is because you spent far too much time on the PC. Now how is that your friends fault?
  • Options
    22:05 Yesterday Night
    07:51 this morning
    from 15.20 this afternoon onwards!

I think if you keep going over things and watching this thread, and constantly checking for any responses as soon as you get back from college or whatever, wont do you too much good.

Go for a walk, go for a bike ride, get away from the PC, therefore if things dont work out between your ex and your old best friend, then at least you can say your not a PC addict anymore!
  • Options
    Now you could be getting yourself into dangerous "paranoid" territory now! Nobody disagrees that your ex, and your old best friend have been a bit heartless about this. But you need to move on.

You said yourself part of the reason you two broke up is because you spent far too much time on the PC. Now how is that your friends fault?

I didnt say it was did i?

plus im not doing much atm so im checking it every few minutes. This problem is my first of its kind so its affecting me big style. It doesnt really help when your pointing fingers at me coz im a PC addict? i worked it out for myself thanks.
  • Options
    1) Your begining to suggest that he "took", "stole" her away from you.
    2) You have stated on your other earlier posts that you think you have a bit of a PC addiction.
    3) As heartless as it is him jumping in/on your grave, if the reason you split was beacuse of the PC addiction, its not exactly this guys fault.

You didnt say it was, but you seem to have in this afternons spate of posts started hypothesising about all sorts of things.
  • Options
    1) Your begining to suggest that he "took", "stole" her away from you.
    2) You have stated on your other earlier posts that you think you have a bit of a PC addiction.
    3) As heartless as it is him jumping in/on your grave, if the reason you split was beacuse of the PC addiction, its not exactly this guys fault.

You didnt say it was, but you seem to have in this afternons spate of posts started hypothesising about all sorts of things.

I didnt say it was all his fault i suggested that he could be PART of it.
  • Options
    I didnt say it was all his fault i suggested that he could be PART of it.

Well lets for example forget the shitty thing that he has done, if he wasnt your friend, and you didnt know him, lets look at it that way.

You (ex) lass is unhappy, for reasons you have posted in another thread (in december or something) and breaks up with you, perhaps says "we need a break" so she lets you down gently. Yes its shit, but what happens if someone does make a move, someone that isnt making her unhappy and that she also likes?

It feels more shit because he used to be your friend, but you admitted yourself that you had a slight issue which may have caused some friction in your relationship. If you truly liked her, shouldnt you want her to just be happy? Obviously things might well not work out if this is a rebound relationship, but relationships (while they sometimes do work out) generally dont last for long at your age anyway.
  • Options
    Well lets for example forget the shitty thing that he has done, if he wasnt your friend, and you didnt know him, lets look at it that way.

You (ex) lass is unhappy, for reasons you have posted in another thread (in december or something) and breaks up with you, perhaps says "we need a break" so she lets you down gently. Yes its shit, but what happens if someone does make a move, someone that isnt making her unhappy and that she also likes?

It feels more shit because he used to be your friend, but you admitted yourself that you had a slight issue which may have caused some friction in your relationship. If you truly liked her, shouldnt you want her to just be happy? Obviously things might well not work out if this is a rebound relationship, but relationships (while they sometimes do work out) generally dont last for long at your age anyway.

Yeah i do want her to be happy i want everyone in the world to be i guess but i still love her in a way that it i get annoyed when any guy like touches her or hugs her or anything

The past few weeks ive been like yeah 2nd girlfriend not a problem ill get over her im not a total failure but today its all came back to me when she waited for him outside my maths class n is aw em walk off together my blood boiled and my heart raced and the same again when he just signed on msn bout 5 mins ago..
    GAHHHH
This discussion has been closed.