Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i've buggered up my hip!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
did a forwards breakfall/roll oversomes back, and hit the floor hip first. theres no major dislocation or fracture, but its either a hairline crack or a torn hip flexor. I've been put on tramadol, but i'm still in a lot of pain. i've seeing the sports injury clinc next week.

ARGH!

Asides from ice, is there anything else i can do to help myself get better?

Comments

• Options
    did a forwards breakfall/roll oversomes back, and hit the floor hip first. theres no major dislocation or fracture, but its either a hairline crack or a torn hip flexor. I've been put on tramadol, but i'm still in a lot of pain. i've seeing the sports injury clinc next week.

ARGH!

Asides from ice, is there anything else i can do to help myself get better?

I imagine just taking it easy would be the main thing.
  • Options
    ok it turns out that i'm allergic to tramadol, and have to just sit out the side effects of feeling very sick, dizzy, irritable, faint and having palitations...

onto dihydrocodine or something like that...

got to kilburn and back by taxi, so i'm pretty tired. got an appointment next week with sports injury clinc, and i'm getting mitigating circumstances for an essay that due in tomorrow, cos i can hardly think to type this out let allone doing an essay on something i can't remember...

in quite a bit of pain cos the tramadol has worn off but the side effects haven't....

i wanna cry!

edit: my friend has just offered me the use of her spare wheelchair, i'm really struggling on crutches. does this sound like a good idea or not?
  • Options
    Have you been to A&E? Assuming so, if you're on crutches. They should have done X-rays on the area - there is fuck all point, from what I can see, sending you to a sports therapy clinic if you have a fracture/crack.
  • Options
    I fell hip first onto a tree root a week or so ago and it hurt like fuck and i could barely walk or lie down for 24 hours. Theres nothing you can do really you just have to take it. The bruise was/is the size of my hand and it was all squelchy. Eww. It still hurts a bit when i jog.
  • Options
    yeah they did x-rays but they couldn't do the right one to see if i've got a hairline crack or if i've chipped it...they'll do that in the sports injury clinic. But for the time being, i have my mate's old wheelchair!
  • Options
    arnica
  • Options
    looking for it in the void that is my room...i've got some somewhere...

i passed out twice this afternoon. my appetite is back, which is good...still pretty shivery but i've now got enough dihydrocodien to kill an elephant....
  • Options
    i had a friend who had a bad fall on her hip years ago and she didnt actually fracture it but was just in agony where she couldnt move for a few days without crying. it must be a funny area really, quite injure to hurt yourself or something.

nothing i can recommend really... just bed rest and the internet perhaps.
  • Options
    :wave: GET BETTER SOON HUN :heart: