Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Back from hospital!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, just going to quote my last thread to remind people why I was in...
I have two wombs and they're whipping one out because it's totally enclosed and causing a lot of problems (should leave me with one perfectly normal and fuctionable one, but inevitably I'm worried as they're attached to eachother).

Also I have sever adhesions sticking part of my bowel to the womb they're taking out... and it's caused it to start twisting so it's looking likely that some of that will have to come out too.

And just to add to the fun they've found endometriosis in my rectum... and if it's there, god knows where else it might be too.
I'm really rather worried as to what else they're going to find in there because they seem to discover something new every time I have an operation.

WELL!!!
The operation went really well. They'd expected the op to take 5 or 6 hours, and in the end it was only 2!
They took the uterus out fine with no complications... my right one and the tube and ovary all look really healthy; so I'm really pleased about that!

BUT, as well as that... They didn't have to do ANY bowel surgery in the end!!! (Apart from unstick it from my uterus). The adhesions had caused the twist and when they unstuck it, it all went back to how it should be.

PLUS!!!!!! The real miracle... They couldn't find any endo at all... They'd taken pictures of it in my bowel on the 10th of December, and now it has disappeared! I'm amazed and really pleased.

They also tidied up the scar I already had because the first time it didn't heal very well... and apart from it being a bit longer than it was before it's going to be a lot less noticeable and they didn't have to do an incision upwards which I'm chuffed about.

So all in all it was a pretty damn successful operation. I'm so glad it's over with... I've been waiting for this for years and it couldn't have gone better.
Thanks for all the well wishes and everything.

I'm still quite sore but off the morphine and codine now so feeling a bit more human.
Will have to have 12 weeks off work so I think I'm going to go stir-crazy; but at the moment I can't do much more than lie on my back like a bettle. lol

Comments

• Options
    Hey Lu, glad it went well :D:D Look after yourself and take it easy :)
  • Options
    As i said on MSN, i'm so glad it went well...in fact, it went AMAZINGLY :D

Hope you're back on your feet in less than 12weeks, if not...then im always around to keep you company :) *hugs*
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Glad to see you back and that everything went well!

Spend 12 weeks on thesite :p
  • Options
    What a brilliant success. What a relief for you :D
  • Options
    yay! thats excellent - make sure you rest lots now though :)
  • Options
    I'm so glad it all went well for you :)

Now you can chill out and relax for the next few weeks and do absolutely nothing ;)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I am so very pleased that it all went so well for you. Enjoy the next 12 weeks :)
  • Options
    Aww hun that AMAZING yeah hope u ok it awful morphine+codine im allergic to codine to keep us informed of your recovary x:heart: :wave: :heart:
  • Options
    Wow that all sounds great - i'd say make the most of the 12 weeks off to give your body time to rest.

Big Hugs
  • Options
    sounds like a very successful op, congrats Lu_C!

sounds like the worst of it is over :)
  • Options
    thats brilliant news. Im so glad it went better than expected! yay!
  • Options
    :hyper:
  • Options
    really pleased it went well :) feel better soon!
  • Options
    oh brilliant! I'm so pleased for you :D
  • Options
    Thats fab news
  • Options
    That's great news! I'll be on MSN everynight if you'd like a chat.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    :) Very good to hear things went so well!
  • Options
    Thanks all.

I'm getting there now... Still can't bend, cough, sneeze, laugh, move very fast etc etc... so life is a little difficult right now; but it's getting a little easier every day.

Had my staples out yesterday... 23 in all. Feels a lot better having them out. :)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    yay :hyper: I am very pleased it went so well.