Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I want more from life than this.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am currently living back at home after finishing uni, most of the time this is ok but at other times I hate it. I am confused as to what i want in life, i have a full time job and sometimes i love it other times i dont and want to leave. It seems most of my mates from school have moved away or are planning to leave in the near future and my mates from uni are all settled back at home with all the mates and partners etc. I dont find it easy to make friends as i havent got very good social skills which leaves me feeling lonely and upset. Low self esteem makes me feel unatractive and left wondering why anyone would want to go out with me. I have never had a serious boyfriend and am getting to the stage where i just want to be with someone who like me for being me but due to my lacking social life finding someone is going to be hard. I have always had friends but not ones that i have been close enought to confide my feelings too. Sometimes i feel like the world is moving along at a fast pace and am being left behind.

Sorry if this makes no sense i just wanted to get it off my chest. :crying: xx

Comments

• Options
    I'm only 16 and i too find it hard making friends and i have low self eesteem and confidence.

Chin up though if you enjoy your job sometimes then thats good it probly just depends on what mood your in.

One thing ive learnt is dont think to yourself "oh who wud wanna go out with me im ugly" i never do even tho im not much of a looker ive had my fair share of abuse so.. it lowered my confidence but you'll find somebody everybody does really.
  • Options
    I struggle quite a bit with making friends unless I know we have something in common or that they totally understand me. :)
  • Options
    yes it always takes me ages to form friendships, annoys me that people can make them so quickly. makes you feel a bit left out sometimes. But am hoping that the friendships i have are real and solid. And also people are always telling me that i will find someone i just wish they would hurry up lol. I just want people to talk too. xx
  • Options
    Meh theres no harm in looking sometimes.
  • Options
    Thing is when we finish our schooling our friends start to move on with there lives. They get married and have children and we don't here from them very often anymore. Thats just the way it is, thats life. Remember back in high school we had so many friends but as we got older our friends started to move in new directions. Also making new friends and forming new relationships can be difflcult.

Im sure your an attractive person, you just haven't met the right person yet. Your time will come. I also have low esteem. I try not to worry about those things, I believe that everything will eventually work itself out in the end. Keep your chin up and like andy said you can make alot of new friends on here.
  • Options
    Join a club or something some of your close mates are in or if not join one anyway and meet new people :) Just be yourself if they dont like it then fuck em =]

EDIT: Tbh i do have the same problem; all my friends seem to be getting along fine and havin fun and im idk..i am but im not if you get me, its strange. its like my life isnt complete. i am only 16 though...

XD