Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Trust

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do u know wen 2 trust some1
And how do u know wen ur trustin the right person

?

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    For me, it is as simple as instinct.
  • Options
    I hav used instinct be4 and it has got me wrong they hav ended up 2 b a 2 faced cow that needed a gd slap.
    And i dont trust easy now
  • Options
    I can tell if i can trust somebody a mile off by the things they say and how they act.
  • Options
    Ok
    so say with me
    just say would u trust me or not
    just by wat i hav sed 2 u so far
    if u wonna ask more like personal questions so u can decide mail ma instaed
    it u wouldnt mind
    dats if u wonna
    u might already hav enough info 2 decide
  • Options
    You seem like a nice person from what ive read etc so far..

People would take you alot more seriously though if you used punctuation instead of text talk. Just a pointer =]
  • Options
    All those situations listed in the post above mine don't always mean the person cannot be trusted, same as it doesnt mean the opposite. I've known some people who all are sugar and nice on the outside but would sell you down the river for a kit kat, but i also know some horrible bastards who'd rather die than sell out their mates.
    Who you can trust is all down to circumstances, loyalty and greed.
    Working out who you can trust..i agree with littlemissy, instinct all the way. Sometimes you get it right sometimes not, just have to gamble or you'll never have faith in anyone
  • Options
    oh ok
    only because it is quicker
  • Options
    Yeh it is quicker but its better to use full punctuation.
  • Options
    Well when it comes to punctuation..... well what can I say I am not very good with it normally.
    But I will try my best.
    To write in full words and punctuation from now on.
    Thanks for telling me.
    :)
  • Options
    It doesnt have to be perfect just make it more professional i guess:)
  • Options
    there is no sure sign. If there was, it wouldn't be trust, but control.

Either you trust, or you don't, it's a decision you have to make.
  • Options
    Trust comes with time. If they are the right person they wont mind waiting. You could just get to know each other first and try not to get to serious to quickly. I know its a pain when you want to know now but only time will tell. You have to give trust in order to receive it back as well. Hope this helped. xx
  • Options
    I trust no one, ive got hurt in the past many times, so i just dont trust anyone what so ever.
    Its hard when it comes to talking about problems though, unless its with a person who understands/has the same problem.
  • Options
    Yeah that is kind of my point how do you knwo when the person you are talking to whether to face or over the internet is actually trusting and not going round telling other people what your telling them. I dont trust anyone not even family. I just kind of think what it the point. Everyone I have ever trusted has just thrown it back in my dace one way or another. But it does make it easier in life when you find that someone. Whoever they are. That you can trust and talk to when your having or had a really bad day and they listen to you regardless and help you through your hard time. I think not having people like that makes you feel even more alone than you do on a normal day. For the simple reason of that you need to tell someone how your feeling. If the person has the same problem then I think it makes it a million times easier to talk to them because they know not exactly how but more than most how your feeling.
  • Options
    People that know what you're going through and have the same problem know that if they do something that will upset you, they WONT do anything to upset you. As they know how you're feeling and wouldent want to hurt you inside and maybe outside, because they know how it feels and know what will hurt you, so they will be trusting to one another and help each other out through bad times =]
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    andy12345 wrote: »
    If you don't trust your parents then you do have a real problem.
    Not all parents can be trusted, sadly.
    How do you know (s)he doesn't have a reason not to?
  • Options
    Lmao.. Andy shut up. I'm actually sick of you.
    If you don't trust your parents then you do have a real problem.
    There are many reasons why people dont trust/like their parents, doesnt mean they have a problem, you idiot.
    Trust issues, Broken Promises, Abuse, Previous incidents that have happened, Can all be a cause of why people dont trust their parents, Seriously, it does NOT mean they have a problem. I dont like my parents, thats because i dont trust them as ive trusted them before and they have made my problems worse.

So do NOT again just automaticly assume something unless you know the whole story, you cannot say someone has a problem because of you knowing one thing.

I see you're quite stuck up on your experiences, not others, as i doubt you have many problems with trust and depression ect. So i dont feel you can even say anything about it untill you fully understand what bad causes and problems are in these illnesses.
    Merely that if you can't trust the people who raised you, then you are going to have real problems.

What if they abused you while they raised you? Ever thought of that? Obviously NOT.
    A person could of been brought up in a horrible family and thus meaning trust issues are a problem and that you may even dispise your parents.
  • Options
    I can trust my parents but not fully i trust close friends more theyre more likely to understand how you feel.
  • Options
    I don't trust my mum. So I guess I have a really problem. :(
  • Options
    Well there are some failure which are just so mighty that you don't feel they are forgiveable. And I don't feelt hey are well not at these mooments in time. Maybe one day in the future I will but not at the moment.
  • Options
    You deserved to be whacked round the head with a spanner Andy...
    Please don't jump on my words. I am not saying parents can always be trusted. However, I am saying that if you can't trust your parents because of issues, then your life will probably never progress until you are able either to live with it somehow or forgive their them for their failures.

Not everyone needs their parents to suceed and progress with their lives, i dont trust my parents or need them, and im doing pretty well..
  • Options
    Theres my point. Ali doesn't trust hers and she is doing well. I don't trust my mum and I will do fine to. But instead of parents. I just need... well i prob dont need anyone. But it is nice to have a trusting ear who you know isn't going to judge you on what ever you tell them.
  • Options
    I'm always here, and unlike Andy i HAVE been through these horrible experiences and know how you feel =] So talk whenever you want to me =]!
  • Options
    Yeah Andy does seem to think he knows what he is talking about. But he doesn't. And yeah I will take you up on your offer. :)
  • Options
    I did not say i was brought up in a wrong way or with abusive parents Andy, dont just assume something.
    You are better off than alot of other people, and personally i think its none of your buisness to be commenting on my life and how its good or not, because actually ive obviously took your comments the wrong way and its been pretty offensive to me, which i am NOT just going to ignore and let you carry on without realizing how bad you've actually made me feel.
    You may not be the happiest person in the world, but just be gratefull you are not as bad as the rest of people with disorders, issues, illnesses and problems, so for once shut your mouth and let us be.
    Obviously you are too stuck up to realize what you are saying is quite upsetting in different ways, so im just going to spell it out for you, Think before you post comments like that, dont comment on other peoples lives unless they ask for it, and be a little more sensitive, otherwise, you will most likely be in shit with me everytime you post and i will eventually get so pissed off at you i will have a 20 min rant at you, which i dont usually do, its only when people have crossed the line, which is what you have done about... 4 times now?.
  • Options
    How about everybody chill out alright? lets not get into a big argument about whos lifes better ffs.

ALSO its worth bringing back up that you know when you trust somebody. Its a gut feeling.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Woah... There are lots of horrbile things said in this thread, lots of unfair judgements made and general nastiness. :(

Please let's not assume we know how people's lives really are, or how they might turn out in the future... we simply don't and all we can really do here is respect each other's opinions, support each other and make suggestions withouth overloading people or putting pressure on people to see things from our own point of view. Finally, enough of the petty insults - really not needed.

So, lets get back to the OP and talking about trust, as I really don't want to have to close this thread.
  • Options
    Well this thread certainly digressed of topic lol.

TRUST

Now thats a tuffy. Well after realising that trusting every living thing is a bad idea, i use Baz Lurhman's guidlines lol..."dont be wreckless with other peoples hearts and dont put up with anyone who is wreckless with yours"

I think bit by bit you will know how much you can trust someone. Its all to do with give and take. If the people concerned are giving equally then a good level of trust can be formed.