Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Self confidence/esteem boosters?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its just that time of year when a lot of people seem to be at a bit of a low...

I've been spending most of this week having my mind sucked out by a computer and regurgitating it in the forms of essays, and i haven't exactly had much to boost my self confidence or esteem over the last few weeks/months.

I've done a bit of pampering, but not had a huge ammount of time or money to spend on it...

any other suggestions as to what i could do?

Comments

• Options
    Get the girls around, some music on, your best clothes out, do all your make-up, hair, nails etc and go out in town with your head held high and have a good flirt and a few glasses of wine!
  • Options
    perhaps stay in if money is tight and curly up with a book or a fav dvd with some wine or whatever you like to drink and just have a relaxing night in.

How about a long hot steamy bath?
  • Options
    My answer to a lot of things but..the gym.
    Boxercise would be a good self confidence booster and seeing how toned/fit you got by doing it would definately improve your self esteem.

Failing this, chocolate.
    (Ok so hitting the galaxy wont really help with either of those things but it'll damn sure pump up your seratonin levels and make you all smiley for a little while at least!)
  • Options
    I love boxercise! I have no coordination, can't follow aerobics but for some reason I can do boxfit which gives me more of a boost than actually doing excercise!
    I like shopping but when you dont have alot of money to spare it's not as much fun. I'd agree and say a girly night in would deffinatly be the best plan.
  • Options
    I get really up tight some times so i medditate.
    I recommend it.
    Sit down some where comfortable on your bed will work, rest your arms on you legs and hold you hands.
    Take deep slow breaths and in your mind try not to think about anything just think about breathing, in and out, in and out and so on.
    Its simple. It costs nothing and doesnt take up much time. But there cant be any noise in the room otherwise you wont be able to keep your mind off the noise.
    I do it for 5 or 10 mins every morning and in the evening before i go to bed.
    It helps. :)