Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How do i know when im over somebody?

Theres a 1:3453532530503563653650346565234590 chance im going to get back with my GF so im gonna have to get over her? but how will i know when i am? shes in most my lessons and i see her at dinner alot at school so its hard to sever contact.

My first GF was easy she lived miles away we only talked online but how will i know when im over her? when i look at her i think "well im an idiot for fuckin it all up" ive tryed over n over to get back with her but shes havin none of it. so..how will i know?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's quite a difficult question to answer.

I think you're probably over someone when you don't think about them 24/7 and the little things that you used to share together don't pop into your head anymore. Also the big one being that when she finally moves on you can accept that. Obviously when she does you will probably be upset and jealous as that's a natural feeling, but once that subsides I think you can safely say you are over someone.
  • Options
    I just browsed the net and my test said
    "Your score is 45. While it seems you've let go and accepted that your relationship is over you clearly aren't yet over the loss of love. It's left a void in your life that you're not sure you can fill. Don't worry, once you've really moved on that void will somehow fill itself. Rest assured that you're well on your way to letting go once and for all. Good for you, you've let the healing begin"

Im a bit dosile does that mean ive accepted its over and tryin to move on?
  • Options
    I wouldn't rely on that, it's probably 0% accurate only you know your true feelings and I am sure if you think about it you can identify how you feel yourself.

I think what it means is you know it's over and there's no chance of getting her back but you're unsure as to how to move on as it feels like something is missing, but you're getting there. As they say, time is a healer.
  • Options
    All this time heals everything its a bit..i dont know..it makes me think "how on earth does it" sort of..

Sigh.. if only everybody could turn back time everybody would be happy O_O

im not obsessed over her but she made me feel so happy.
  • Options
    You'll find happiness again. If you were right for one another you would still be together but obviously you weren't and so it was probably for the best that you broke up, however hard that may be to take. Give it some time and you will find someone else or just enjoy the single life. Break-ups are always hard but you learn from them and there are plenty more out there that can bring that happiness back again.
  • Options
    You will know you're over her when you don't have to ask yourself that question
  • Options
    When you stop thinking about her.
    Me and my boyfriend broke up and got back together 2 months later.
    If you want to get back with her my advice is to pay no attention to her.
    Shes probly enjoying watching you suffer. (lol)
    When you dont give her attention shel come to you.
    All girls are the same.
    We are attention seekers.
    In the mean time check out other girls and dont let her get you down.
    You may not be over her but you could just see what else is out there and you never no.
    You might notice some one else.
    Break ups ar tough but youl survive. How long were ye going out?
    And when did ye break up?
  • Options
    Lotta questions monkey,

she faniced/had a crush on me for 3 years apparently we started going out on august the 3rd and broke up on december the 21st.

i wanna get over her coz i dont tink she'd ever take me back but other people have said just try n be friends n she'll realise what shes lost or whatever? is that true

im tryin to be her friend atm though coz everyones fell out.
  • Options
    I agree with Icey & Squeal.
    IMO though, you know your over her when you can look at
    her without thinking you messed up.
    Best of luck.
  • Options
    Yeah i do try to i think to myself

"Shes only my second girlfriend im not an utter failure" but it doesnt really work.
  • Options
    Yeah i know ive been joining in the convo where you talk about you and your friends falling out.
    Well is she being nice and letting you be her friend?
    Its hard to move on but try keep your mind busy with something else insted of thinking about her.
    And you said you messed up. How?
    I doubt you did anything that bad.
    Just chill out man.
    Itll work itself out. Karma will fix it.
  • Options
    Yeah were talking now as friends she said she'll be okay with me aslong as i dont piss her off so im trying not to. I do occupy myself with like whatever but it still haunts me sometimes
  • Options
    Youl be grand. But some times its hard to stay friends with your ex if you really loved her.
    Its not always good being near her cause seeing her happy could bring you down.
  • Options
    Yeah but i think ive came to terms with things and stopped trying to get her back anyway i can. I do want her back but im not going to put myself through more shite for a let down. even IF she wants me back in the future i will have to think about it seen as tho my feelings will change. I do wanna stay friends with her ive never met anybody like her in my life.

EDIT: im off to bed so ill see you all later.
  • Options
    When you know your over somone. Sorry I joined in late her, here's my answer to the original question.

Personally I would say I would be over someone when I don't think of them every minute of everyday. You will probably think of her even when you have moved on. Also other girls would start to catch my eye and get ideas that I would like to date again. For me these would be the top two reasons.
  • Options
    There is a saying, "Don't shit on your own doorstep". In other words, be cautious of going out with people from school/college/work etc that you may run into every day if you ever split up.
  • Options
    Yeah agreed..:)
  • Options
    as soon as you stop giving a shit.
  • Options
    Get a cheap mountain bike, go for a bike ride see the outdoors. Get away from the computer for a bit.

Keep yourself occupied with stuff YOU like doing, then come back and when you've been doing this stuff and thinking not much of her, you know your over her. Though when I went through it, I did do a lot of thinking at first, then it subsided.