Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anal Fissure

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I have one as embarrassing as it may be.

Has anyone else ever had one and if so was there anything you used to help make it heal? Creams you could by from Boots or something. I have read that 90% heal on their own, however, I am sure it's been about a month and nothing has changed.

Any advice or words of comfort will be much appreciated! I'm reluctant to go to the doctors for obvious reasons!

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I know you don't want too (and I definatly understand why) but you are best going to the doctors!

Trust me they won't bat an eye lid, they have seen it all before and more. If it has been there for a month and still not gone then you do need to have it checked out :yes:
    If it helps see if you can get to see a woman Dr, it might make the situation a little bit more comfortable.
  • Options
    I promise you, doctors have seen so many things related to that area, it'll be no different to the routine of seeing someone with a sore throat.

In the meantime if it is an anal fissue, take plenty of water, eat plenty of fresh fruit and veg and try not to strain when going to the loo.
  • Options
    I had one (due to chronic constipation). I was seeing a gastroenterologist at the time who examined me and prescribed laxatives, but I didn't use them in the end as they were senna ones which I found evil and didn't think they helped in the right way. So I ended up sort of self-solving the situation by eating loads of fruit (I was also having problems as my body had stopped recognising when I needed to go, which made me constipated as I just never remembered) and making a point of going at regular intervals so I wouldn't have a chance to get constipated. That was maybe 6 or 7 years ago, and generally I'm all good now, although I do have to eat fruit every day to stop myself getting bunged up. If I do get bunged up and have to strain, I often bleed when I go, so I guess mine has never healed up fully, but it's certainly not painful anymore. That might not be very helpful, just wanted to let you know you're not alone in the embarrassing medical problems issue :p
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, especially Life of Kate, it's always good when someone else has had the same problem, brings you some comfort.

I had a banana tonight, not that one will make a difference but I am just going to have to make a conscious effort to drink more water and eat more fruit. I'll give it two more weeks doing that and if nothing then I will be brave and head to the doctors I think.
  • Options
    I read each one of them :) thank you!