Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

toning my bum!!!!!

ok, out of everything, my bum is the thing i hate the most.

i haven't got a gym membership anymore because i simply cannot afford it.

at home, i have a exercise bike, an abs trainer thing, a pilates ball and some dumbells. i also have two exercise dvds.

apart from squats and lunges, what else can i do?

also, how many of these should i be doing each day to get a decent outcome? and how soon should i expect to see some results?

eta:my bf hates my bum so any tips would be great as i want to make it nice for him.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    eta:my bf hates my bum so any tips would be great as i want to make it nice for him.

:eek2:
  • Options

apart from squats and lunges, what else can i do?

Couple of points.

1. Squats and lunges are simply the best exercises for giving your arse a lift. Pretty much the rest of the stuff you listed will be of limited success, as they've not focusing on your glutes.

2. Whatever you are doing to your body should be for you, not your boyfriend.
  • Options

Your boyfriend ACTUALLY told you that to your face?! :eek2:

I would slap my bf if he said that!

Squats and lunges are your best bet for you toning your bum :yes:
  • Options
    well no but he makes lots of jokes about my bum being fat and well, when ive asked him if he likes my arse in the past, he hasn't said anything yet he points out girls with nice arses :(

he likes toned, super small, flat bums.
  • Options
    well no but he makes lots of jokes about my bum being fat and well, when ive asked him if he likes my arse in the past, he hasn't said anything yet he points out girls with nice arses :(

When it comes to bums - 'toned' (*sigh*) does not = flat. A pert lean bum should have a very definite curve to it as the glutes should be nicely developed.
  • Options

oh dear. WHY THE FUCK is he pointing out girls bums?? I can't believe that. I would be super shocked and offended if my boyfriend did that. This guy is not doing anything for your self esteem.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    oh dear. WHY THE FUCK is he pointing out girls bums?? I can't believe that. I would be super shocked and offended if my boyfriend did that. This guy is not doing anything for your self esteem.

:yes:

He really does sound like a complete cock.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »

I totally agree!

Maybe you should start pointing out things you don't like about him! He seems to find it perfectly acceptable to do it to you!
  • Options
    he's not.
    he's just honest with me.
    its just, if he see's someone with a nice arse, he'll say so.

how do i tone my glutes then g_angel? my arse is pretty pert. i just want to tone it up so its hard and stuff.

also, when i tense my bum, i have cellulite :( not much but its there and i want it gone. when im relaxed, you can't see it. i drink more than 2 litres of water a day, watch my diet and use firming cream. is there anything else i can do?
  • Options
    he's not.

He's also inconsiderate to your feelings. Do you point out guys that you like? Why does he feel the need to tell you. Fair enough if he's with his lads mates but you're his girlfriend, why do you need to know?

The cellulite is normal.
  • Options
    he's not.

how do i tone my glutes then g_angel? my arse is pretty pert. i just want to tone it up so its hard and stuff.

We've already said (as did you). Squats and lunges. Also check out split squats, bulgarian split squats. Add weights to these to increase resistance.
  • Options
    he's not.

There's honest and then there's tactless insecure comments :no: I would take a guess that you're no different to every other female and there's nothing wrong with your bum. If you want to tone up follow g_angel's tips but i'd probably also kick your boyfriend up his derriere next time he makes a comment like that. :yes: And i agree, next time he says it, i'd turn round and say yes dear, cor did you see the buns on that bloke, wish yours were like that!
  • Options
    Carolina wrote: »
    : And i agree, next time he says it, i'd turn round and say yes dear, cor did you see the buns on that bloke, wish yours were like that!

:yes:
  • Options
    I don't know what your bum looks like and honestly i dont care to know. But as we've said before and no doubt people will say again, if you are not happy with how your boyfriend makes you feel then leave him. Because, every other thread you post is about him making you feel like crap.
  • Options
    I hope I do not hijack the thread, just a bum question ;) I always see people doing http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/glute Is it worth it? I tried it once and only felt it in the quads :p I'm up for doing new things, uless they suck and are pointless.
  • Options
    I hope I do not hijack the thread, just a bum question ;) I always see people doing http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/glute Is it worth it? I tried it once and only felt it in the quads :p I'm up for doing new things, uless they suck and are pointless.

To be honest, i'd always avoid machines and stick with 'natural' movements using bodyweight and weights.
  • Options
    I think having an abusive boyfriend is the new black!
  • Options
    Seems to be!

I'll have to start being nasty to my girl, or I won't be en vogue... I don't want her to leave me for some 'bad boy'.
  • Options

I would suggest telling him that you hate his pencil dick ... see how well he copes with that! :yes: