Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

decent weighing scales

im thinking of buying some with my birthday money as all of the ones im using are saying different things.

my boyfriend's weighing scales say im 4lbs heavier than mine does and my dad's say im 3lbs lighter than mine does.

basically, i have no idea how much i weigh. im going off mine though. however, i really wanna be sure.

does anyone know any decent ones that aren't the huge fuck off ones you see in boots and at the doctors?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i have http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0013IUO1S and they are great. Really accurate and they dont give off different readings every five minutes like some do.
    I chose them as they had good reviews - not all of them do. I was fed up, like you, of never actually being sure if it was the right weight or not.

Although I like the sound of your dads scales ;)
  • Options
    haha, yeah, i love weighing myself on my dad's scales. i forget that mine say im heavier and feel a bit lighter and thinner temporarily!
  • Options
    I have Weight Watchers scales when I'm at home and use the local surgery's scales when I'm at uni :)
  • Options
    yeh Argos
    they sell a couple of gd ones but they r quite expensive but if u wonna know it is worth it

:)
  • Options
    might as well get one that measure body fat as well

http://www.fitnessassist.co.uk/products/Tanita-UM073-Ultra%252dSlim-Body-Fat,-Water-and-Muscle-Mass-Monitor-%252d-TAN043.html

There's more to weight then weight - muscle weighs 3 times more then fat, so if you're working out and putting on muscle you might be getting thinner but not lighter.
  • Options
    Yeh true true didnt think of that
  • Options
    As a general rule a lot of health experts say to not even bother weighing yourself as dieting/weightloss is all to do with overall fitness/health and not just if you're up or down on the scales. Muscle weighs more than fat etc etc
  • Options
    I'd always go with a body-fat % measurement as the better way of working out how your body is doing.

BMI is mainly a waste of time, and if you're being silly and weighing yourself more than at least once a week, that can be a waste of time as well as you're body-weight will vary by up to a few pounds just from fluids and food intake, and of course, your waste cycle.