Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Probably silly but...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need to go to the doctor about something that's been bugging me for ages. Thanks to Kermit (who linked me this site) I think I now know what it is. Thing is, I'm a bit wary about going to the doctor and saying "I think I have this" when none of the ones I've seen have even suggested it. What makesme think it is that is because they have said it's probably thrush and given me prescriptions for that which didn't help. At all. That website says that doctors don't often know about this thing so I was thinking about printing off that page and showing them. Has anyone ever done this? I don't want to go in there and making them think that I think I know more than them.

Bah. Plus I'm still scared about going to the doctor about it anyway. I know I need to because it's been over 6 months since I've been able to have sex properly and it's got back to the point where I'm in tears every time we try from pain and frustration.

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Comments

• Options
    You need to tell them that previous medications for thrush have not worked and that you've researched a bit and you think that it might possibly be what the link explains. Doctors can be a bit funny when patients self diagnose but you can only suggest it I guess - your health and comfort HAS to come first and if it's not thrush it needs to be investigated.

Re: the doctor fear thing, can you take some rescue remedy/Kalms tablets just to take the edge off your nerves a bit?

I really think it's a matter of high importance that you sort this out - it's interfering with your normal day-to-day life.

Good luck, will you keep us updated?
  • Options
    Print it off, go to the Drs (Can Rich/a friend go for moral support?) and ask to have a refferal to a Gynaecologist, especially considering how long its been going on.
  • Options
    I'm not like, panic attack scared, I just have a real issue with phones which doesn't help my general not-wanting-to-go thing.

I'll go as soon as I get back to uni because otherwise if they do a test or something I won't be there. Sigh.
  • Options
    Print it off, go to the Drs (Can Rich/a friend go for moral support?) and ask to have a refferal to a Gynaecologist, especially considering how long its been going on.

Rich has said I should go to a gynae and I guess I should ask. Rich can't come because he's at work all week and neither of my doctors are open on weekends :(.
  • Options
    I'd DEFINATELY talk to your doctor about it.

Print off some information off that website and insist your doctor refers you to someone who can help you as the doctors clearly aren't.
  • Options
    I'd DEFINATELY talk to your doctor about it.

Print off some information off that website and insist your doctor refers you to someone who can help you as the doctors clearly aren't.
    To be fair to them, if they don't know the condition exists, they can't suggest it. The last doctor I saw about it was really helpful and did a swab and stuff but when I went to get the results she wasn't in so she couldn't take it any further and that was when I was off to uni so I couldn't go back to see her. I'm just a bit worried they're going to be funny with me if I say I think it's something they don't know about.
  • Options
    Well, if they are decent doctors they will always be up for learning about new things :) Just print off the information you need to and go to them. I'm sure they will be fine with you.
  • Options
    I'm scared of the phone too :o
  • Options
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    I'm scared of the phone too :o
    Ha, yeh, it sucks. Everytime someone says, "just ring them", I'm like...uh....dotheyhaveanemailaddress? I've been thinking about seeing someone about it but I'd have no idea how to go about it.
  • Options
    The doctors/nurses on the wards always make me do the phone calls cos they know I hate it..I am getting better, I used to FREEZE when told to answer the phone. Ooops!
  • Options
    The doctors/nurses on the wards always make me do the phone calls cos they know I hate it..I am getting better, I used to FREEZE when told to answer the phone. Ooops!

I used to hate using the phone and let slip one day while on placement and from then on they made me answer and make calls, I hated it but now I'm much, much better at it!

Don't ever let on to placement that you hate something or they will just make you do it...there big meanies like that :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I let slip that I don't like wounds/leg ulcers..so where did I spend my last day on placement last semester...the leg ulcer clinic. *Shudders*.
  • Options
    I let slip that I don't like wounds/leg ulcers..so where did I spend my last day on placement last semester...the leg ulcer clinic. *Shudders*.

I am gross and love things like that...the messier the better. I said once I didn't like poo so everything poo related I was made to do :crying:

Nurse's are evil! ;)
  • Options
    Frankie, I would print off that page and take that with you, explian that you are getting nowhere and how it is really getting you down and affecting you! You just need to be persistant and make sure you get listened too and treated properly!
  • Options
    POM - it's the smell that gets me...eurgh!

Give me a bronchy/asthmatic child who needs nebs or a mucousy child any day!