Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i just don't feel right...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
its not that i feel really depressed, but i do feel down, but the enjoyment has gone out of eveything, i've got very little motivation, i'm loosing a lot of weight now-correction, it feels like i am, but my scales are lying to me, considering i've dropped a dress size, i'm eating really sporadically, so i'm not be hungry all day and then i'll stuff myself at night, my perseverance had gone, if something fucks up i'm just dropping it and walking away.

i'm very jumpy, and i'm spending quite of my time by myself, even though i don't really want to everyone else is busy...

it just feels like my life is one long to do list which is forever mundane, and never ends.

not really sure if i'm looking for advice or what here. I'm getting no support from the uni, as their councilor was horrible, can't get on the NHS waiting list for psychotherapy, and the charity that said they would support me can't until someone drops out...i seem to be out of options here

Comments

• Options
    Hey, sorry you're feeling down. It sounds like you're handling things sensibly by trying to seek help, just rubbish that nothing's availble atm. Have you had depression before? I know what you mean about not feeling motivated and lack of enjoyment, I get that a lot especially this time of year. It may be worth trying to catch up with some of your closer friends if you've been spending a lot of time alone and don't feel like you want to. I know you say everyone's busy, but I'm sure if you explained how you're feeling they would make time to see you, even if it's just for an hour one day - it may help break up the montony a little bit? Also, if you can try to make a bit of time each day to think of ways you can help make things a bit easier less hectic - have you spoken to any of your tutors at uni if work is contributing to you feeling like this? Myabe you could plan to do something you've enjoyed in the past for when things get a bit less busy? It may not feel useful now, but sometimes having something to aim for can help through the last little hurdle. I guess just keep helping yourself as much as you can by allowing yourself a bit of chill out time each day, even if it's just sleeping/resting for an extra half hour and having some back up plan in case things get to the stage where you feel you really can't cope - emergency uni helpline numbers/samaritans/a friend you can call, etc.

Take care, hope things get better for you soon, and feel free to post again if you need to talk to someone - I'll keep an eye out if that helps at all.
  • Options
    today feels better. I'm feeling far more upbeat, i think the weather had a lot to do with it, as well as having a bit of a misunderstanding with a close friend.

but i think you're right with having little things to look forward to and such, i'm not feeling overloaded by my uni work, its just the monotamy of it atm, and i'm sure once we get back into term time properly, things will be less boring.

I don't have depression, but i do have "depressive episodes" which can last months, or a few weeks...i think need to get my arse into gear, and go out with friends a bit more, spend less time infront of this infernal machine and live!
  • Options
    Hi :wave:

Andy - I wonder if you could clarify what you mean by 'ADD monster' for all the users?

Thanks for posting all the great advice and links - keep posting.

:thumb: