Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

circumcision

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i found out that i need to be circumsised pretty soon after some problems that cropped up during sex

has anyone had this done as an adult? i need to have 2 operations at the same time. my doctor said walking will be tough for a few days to a week afterwards, but then i shouldn't notice it.

would be interested to hear experiences of people who have had this done when they were old enough to know exactly what was going on.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    A friend of mine had it done who i know off online gaming and he said it wasnt that bad it hurt at first after it was done then the pain just died down :) hope that helps
  • Options
    I've posted about my experiences before.

The takeaway is:

1) The 30 minutes before and the 30 minutes after are terrifying.
    2) It's not going to be as bad as you think.
    3) The first week is the worst because you're shit scared of injuring yourself.
    4) It's not hampered my life in anyway.
  • Options
    thanks for the replies; i probably shoulda just searched and found that other thread

i had been expecting to be "out of action" for about a week, so the stitches not falling out until week 2 was interesting to read

i'm not looking forward to it but it has to be better than agony when getting a proper erection. i am scared that it'll get stuck behind the head (the foreskin) again and believe me that is not pretty or desirable

obviously not ideal...
  • Options
    I was done as an adult. I found I had huge problems wearing clothes for a few days afterwards, but was back to normal after around 10 days.

Expect your head to be tender for a while. :)
  • Options
    phoenix24, I suggest that you wank as often as possible in the hours before you are due to go in to 'exhaust' your libido. One of the most uncomfortable experiences is to get an erection in the week afterwards so get rid of as much sexual tension as you can beforehand.
  • Options
    He didnt have sex (my friend) for about a month.. but its better safe than disformed? :)
  • Options
    basically the first time i noticed it, it retracted behind the head and got stuck there, as i mentioned, and there was some kind of blood blister on the side of it which hurt like hell and was ugly as you can imagine

2 seperate doctors in 2 seperate countries told me it is the best option...

also, i am not so keen on regularly rubbing any lotions or anything into it! its got to the point that having an erection can be painful, and i'm half scared every time my girlfriend starts touching me that she's gonna accidentally move it too far back and the same thing will happen again

i think i'd prefer to just lose it! but am off to the doc in a minute so will post back on progress...