Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

This sounds absolutley rediculous....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am feeling stupid just writing this :blush: but

When do you ever get to the point where you are happy with yourself? Does anyone honestly ever get to a time where they can say they are happy in yourself?
About 90% of the time I look at myself or think about my life and hate myself. How can I feel better? I mean, I know it's all in my hands but. I dunno.

Tis a loada rambling rubbish really. :o

Comments

• Options
    I am usually quite a positive person so that while there are certainly aspects of my life which I wish was better, if I am 90% happy, I consider that a victory and would describe myself as 'completely' happy. Of course I have 'off' days .... but generally, I am pretty content.
  • Options
    no, i dont think so. Well, maybe buddhist monks do who have nothing and want nothing
  • Options
    I don't think there are many people who are 100% happy with themselves but most people do find a happy medium - also if you were totally happy with yourself then there wouldn't be anything to push yourself towards and that would be a bad thing.

I think i am probably more than 70% happy with my life.

I guess what you need to do is look at what would make you happy and fulfilled and then develop an action plan to try and achieve it over the next 5 - 10 years.
  • Options
    I don't always feel like this. Just having a REALLY shit day.
  • Options
    The way I keep myself happy is to be glad of things I have (boyfriend, family, friends) and to not dwell on things that have gone wrong and to remain positive and contructive when thinking of things I'd like to change in my life.
  • Options
    Hi :wave:

What you are saying is not 'rambling rubbish', I think that it is great that you use Thesite discussion boards to help you with your feelings.

I hope that you are feeling a bit better after the good advice from the board users and please keep posting.

Tomorrow is a new day.

:)