Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

walk in centre or GP?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my mum has really freaked me out by telling me shes got a lump in her breast. she is in the uk atm, but she lives in spain (uk citizen tho), and has no medical insurance over there, and thus is not entitled to health care, as she also doesn't earn enough to pay social security.

i want to take her to get it checked out, but whats the best thing to do? do i get her to the walk in clinc or do i get her to register with my GP on a short term basis...

i know if it isn't something simple, that it might take weeks for her to get referals, but she might just have to keep coming back and forth...

and before someone jumps on the "she should be able to do that" bandwaggon she does still pay taxes in this country!

Comments

• Options
    i think a doctor would be best. The walk in centre are good for minor things that a nurse practitioner can do, but for a breast lump, theyll probably want to refer you to a doctor anyway.
  • Options
    ok, i'll see if i can get her registered at mine then...